My Rentals EMPTY after update!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
rentals in limbo

anybody out there getting any help on this rental problem? I had 2 go missing last night AGAIN. Has to go through the process decribed in my earlier post TWICE before it restored them.I have to learn to erase rentals before I go to sleep.Or change the update time to the daytime. :ballchain:

DirtyDan had his 722/L721 fix itself without overt firmware update. Mine is still blank and I have about 20 invisible rentals in there taking up space. :( And oh by the way I have claimed (in other threads?) that my 612/L643 did not suffer from this disease, but I was wrong. I have 6 rentals there, only 2 of which are visible from the receiver.

DirtyDan had his 722/L721 fix itself without overt firmware update. Mine is still blank and I have about 20 invisible rentals in there taking up space. :( And oh by the way I have claimed (in other threads?) that my 612/L643 did not suffer from this disease, but I was wrong. I have 6 rentals there, only 2 of which are visible from the receiver.

Did you try my cofusing fix? took 2 times today but had 2 rentals go missing last nite got them back and deleted them.I have no idea why it works but for me it has every time(at least 8x).It's really P'ing me off BAD!!! Dish has known about this for at least 8 months,why don't they fix it??

krell, do you have an empty dvr? When I emptied my old dvr and refreshed online, did a hard reset all the missing rentals came back to the my rentals folder.Many were duplicats and triplicats.I don't know what the hell your going to do, short of getting a replacement receiver. :eek:

No I didn't empty the DVR, nor did I physically unplug it. Doing either are difficult at this household. So, basically, I didn't try your technique yet. I keep thinking Dish will fix it and I won't have to experiment like that. I don't know where you get your "8 months" figure. But it has been present at least when L721 came down on my receiver. A month?

anybody out there getting any help on this rental problem? I had 2 go missing last night AGAIN. Has to go through the process decribed in my earlier post TWICE before it restored them.I have to learn to erase rentals before I go to sleep.Or change the update time to the daytime. :ballchain:

Hi. I am having the same problem every day with the rentals disappearing. A reset either with holding dow the power button or unplugging the receiver does not bring anything back, but I have a number of recordings on the DVR. I have been contacting dish support daily and I contacted the DIRT team. As of today, I am told it is still a known problem which means it has not yet been corrected, but I saw the DirtyDan got his problem fixed somehow? Dan, you are very lucky! I hope this gets fixed soon it is a pain the a**!

I'm the one who told them about my rentals going missing 8 months ago.they thought I was nuts they told me nobody is having that problem(maybe I was the 1 st lol) they replaced my receiver.When I emptied my dvr onto my xhdd thats when I noticed the lost memory and started experimenting. Matt G at dish will tell you how long I've been bugging them.

Hi. I am having the same problem every day with the rentals disappearing. A reset either with holding dow the power button or unplugging the receiver does not bring anything back, but I have a number of recordings on the DVR. I have been contacting dish support daily and I contacted the DIRT team. As of today, I am told it is still a known problem which means it has not yet been corrected, but I saw the DirtyDan got his problem fixed somehow? Dan, you are very lucky! I hope this gets fixed soon it is a pain the a**!

Check out my post#13 do what it says if you don't have a xhdd try erasing a few recordings.This process has restored my "lost"rentals EVERY time.You may have to try it twice but please try.Who knows how long Dish will take to fix this and you lose memory every time it happens. Good Luck

My wife and I picked out about five movies last night for download, but today, I have no rentals in my que. WTH is Dish doing. WHEN are they going to fix this problem. We wasted about an hour looking thru those avialable.

My wife and I picked out about five movies last night for download, but today, I have no rentals in my que. WTH is Dish doing. WHEN are they going to fix this problem. We wasted about an hour looking thru those avialable.

Set your nightly update to a day time, that way you can cancell it if you have rentals you don't want to lose.It WILL NOT "erase" them without daily update.Remember they are NOT being erased they are hiding out in the DVR using up memory.Try my fix at post #13 on this thread.... Good Luck :eek:

Join the club! My wife and I did the same on our 612 with 6 movies. 2 are still there, the rest are invisible as are all 22 I downloaded on my 722. It's a good thing these were free, or I would really be bent out of shape.

Set your nightly update to a day time, that way you can cancell it if you have rentals you don't want to lose.It WILL NOT "erase" them without daily update.Remember they are NOT being erased they are hiding out in the DVR using up memory.Try my fix at post #13 on this thread.... Good Luck :eek:
Tried your fix in post #13 and I still do not have any recordings. I even stood on one foot and cussed Dish out and that did not help either.

I understand that this is a very frustrating problem, but it is still a known issue. We have not been given any ETA as to when this will be fixed, and in the mean time the only workaround is to watch the event before the nightly update. There is no known way to restore the missing events other than to re-download them.

Thank you for your patience, and understanding

...and in the mean time the only workaround is to watch the event before the nightly update. There is no known way to restore the missing events other than to re-download them.
There is one mitigating thing we can do, and that is to watch the rental on DRA or via a mobile client. That works at least for those of us with a Sling Adapter, and you could catch the program before it expires. But there is still no way to delete this detritus from our receivers!

For those of us w/o an EHD who would like to try jorthecamel60's fix, it would be nice if there was a delete feature beside each movie in the MY RENTALS section of DISH Online - this exists for the DVR recordings on DISH Online. Otherwise, I guess these movies will "drop off" when they expire and I will re-gain some DVR recording space?

Eric

I haven't noticed any of the expired rentals on my 612 getting auto-deleted. But they do appear to disappear ;) from DO on my 722.

Finally get broadband to my 722K, download a bunch of rentals, then they all disappear the next day. Now to find out the rentals are taking up space and I can not see them is very frustrating. I guess I could use my protection plan to have Dish send me another 722K every month or when my hard drive starts filling up!

What a mess Dish has created with this one!

Big news here--My 722K, My Rentals is now in sync with DishOnline My Rentals. For the past 2 days, I have not lost any titles during the reset process. I have not changed anything on my end so I was curious if anybody else has had recent success or if we think a fix has been put in?

Nothing new here! We have two 722k's, one has everything we have downloaded on it under DVR/My Rentals but nothing shows up at DishOnline. The other shows nothing under DVR/My Rentals but everything is there at DishOnline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)