622 UHF remote, control TV1 functions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mitchfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Does anyone know if its possible to configure the 2nd (UHF) remote for the 622 to control the TV1 functions instead of TV2 outputs? I want to re-route the HD signal to another room but control the 622 from there.

Thanks,
Mitch

If you are in single mode the 2nd remote works just like the 1st (except it uses UHF)

You are right on, it's a nice work around if the 622 is only being hooked up to one television.

To the OP, yes you can also order a blue UHF Pro chip with a black #1 on it to make the TV1 remote UHF, although as lakebum said just put it in single and be done with it.

Do a search on it and you'll find a link to a PDF that explains in detail everything you'll need if you are utilizing the 622 to two televisions.

To the OP, yes you can also order a blue UHF Pro chip with a black #1 on it to make the TV1 remote UHF, although as lakebum said just put it in single and be done with it.
To convert the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote for TV1, you will need the GREEN chip/tab with the black 1 on it, and etched to the right is UHF PRO. However, I don't think you can buy just the green chip.

While looking for a remote with the correct chip/tab, you can remove the blue chip and manually slide the 4 position switch over.

In the settings you can change the #1 t.v to use a uhf pro setup which will allow you to use a uhf remote to controll t.v 1. I think this may answer you question maby im reading it wrong anyhoo hope it helps. If this is what you are trying to do I can provide the steps to make this happen.

To convert the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote for TV1, you will need the GREEN chip/tab with the black 1 on it, and etched to the right is UHF PRO. However, I don't think you can buy just the green chip.

While looking for a remote with the correct chip/tab, you can remove the blue chip and manually slide the 4 position switch over.
I not sure I understand why you need to buy and change the green tab, I didn't. I use my #2 UHF remote for my single TV setup. I did have to change the address (page 72) but now both remotes work the same for me on TV1. If I hade another HDTV hooked I could control it.

Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I pulled a classic case of not rtfm :)

Right now we have the 622 in our bedroom and a 211 in the den. What we want is to run an HDMI from the 622 to the den TV (55" 1080 sony) so we can enjoy hd recordings there too on occasion. I guess the next question is...wiil the 622 output Component and HDMI simultaneously?

Thanks again,
Mitch

OP vip622 most likly UHF remote2 address is set to 1

Remote2
Press and Hold SAT Mode button till lights flash
Press 1
Press #

If you want to change uhf remote address

Remote2
Press and Hold SAT Mode button till it lights flash
Press (any number 1 to 16)
Press #
Press record

Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I pulled a classic case of not rtfm :)

Right now we have the 622 in our bedroom and a 211 in the den. What we want is to run an HDMI from the 622 to the den TV (55" 1080 sony) so we can enjoy hd recordings there too on occasion. I guess the next question is...wiil the 622 output Component and HDMI simultaneously?

Thanks again,
Mitch

Yes it will

I not sure I understand why you need to buy and change the green tab, I didn't. I use my #2 UHF remote for my single TV setup. I did have to change the address (page 72) but now both remotes work the same for me on TV1. If I hade another HDTV hooked I could control it.
Julien - you are correct. However, I was adding a minor correction to the post by rcdallas - that is, in dual mode you'll need an IR/UHF PRO remote with a GREEN tab, not a BLUE tab.

Not certain what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get my #2 remote (blue tab) to control the 622 in single mode.

I can program the remote channel, changing it back and forth, and see it actually change on the system info tv screen, but other than that there appears to be abolutely no recognition of the #2 remote by the receiver.

From reading the manual, the #2 remote is supposed to act like the #1 remote in single mode right?

EDIT: unplugged the receiver and did a reboot and issue resolved - remote 2 now working. Would this count as a possible bug?

Last edited:

Thanks again,
Mitch

i think it does. i know then Svid and Yellow rca works fine, i use component and also the Svideo for my sling box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts