622 UHF remote question

Is there any way to set up the 622 remote controls in a way where the UHF works on the HD output?
Please explain your question, you can setup TV1 as uhf if that is your question or you can use dual mode to allow channel changing from another room.

Here's my situation
I have two HD tv's in different rooms (upstairs and downstairs where the receiver is located). I also have a slingbox downstairs. I would like to have HD in both rooms (which I can do with HDMI and Composite HD), and standard def on the slingbox. If possible, I would also like to use the standard def in each room as well as the slingbox. Tall order, I understand, but it should be possible if I can use UHF on the HD input. I'll sacrafice HD on the upstairs receiver

So you want to be able to watch TV1 or TV2 on both TV's? Is that what I understand? Also setting up both remotes for UHF depends on the remote model (which is on the back of the remote, at the top).

yes.

I have 3 remotes. A Harmony 880 (non uhf), the remote that came with my original 612 and I bought a universal 21.0 remote on ebay that is also uhf.

Here's my situation
I have two HD tv's in different rooms (upstairs and downstairs where the receiver is located). I also have a slingbox downstairs. I would like to have HD in both rooms (which I can do with HDMI and Composite HD), and standard def on the slingbox. If possible, I would also like to use the standard def in each room as well as the slingbox. Tall order, I understand, but it should be possible if I can use UHF on the HD input. I'll sacrafice HD on the upstairs receiver

There is NO such thing as COMPOSITE (output) HD. There is COMPONENT (output) HD and HDMI (output) Hd. Your Composite output from the receiver can never be anything more than SD output. It's really hard to understand what you want, as you aren't phrasing your question(s) properly...

Now, if you are referring to TV1 as "HD" and TV2 as "SD", then you need to say it that way. Either way, TV1 going out on the receivers Composite outputs, will still be SD ONLY. The receiver also will NOT output HD on it's RF connector to TV2, UHF or VHF.

ok, component (rca type RGB) HD.
I understand it's probably hard to understand as this is a complex situation, but I had it working just fine with my 612. I guess Dish thougth they were doing me a favor by switching out a 612 with a 622.

Here's my situation:

622 is located in the basement. It feeds my projector via. HDMI on the TV1 output. I also have the feed going to my HD tv upstairs via COMPONENT. Before I used to use the UHF remote for upstairs to change channels and IR to change channels with my Harmony downstairs. Now the UHF remote doesn't work upstairs. I really woudl be happy just getting that remote to work. Then I could always use the TV2 for my slingbox and/or projector to watch something else if the TV1 is watching a different program upstairs.

I've gone through all the menu's but I can't see how to set up the remote such that they would work like the used to.

Can someone tell me how to do this? Specifically how to access the remote setup screen?

Sorry, but I can't remember the steps involved (CRS!) but I recommend you get a 21.0 UHF/IR Dish remote from Ebay to control TV1 via UHF. Just follow the instructions that come with it or look for them on the Dish site. Yes, the 21.0 works great with the 622. I use one for my 622 as well as a 722 (NON-K). The last time I bought one from ebay it was something like $18 delivered to my door, brand new. Seems like there is a way to switch TV1 to UHF with the 6.3 remote as well but I'm not sure.:confused:Since you're probably gonna need another remote anyway get the 21.0. Hope this helps!

Ed

ok, component (rca type RGB) HD.
I understand it's probably hard to understand as this is a complex situation, but I had it working just fine with my 612. I guess Dish thougth they were doing me a favor by switching out a 612 with a 622.

Here's my situation:

622 is located in the basement. It feeds my projector via. HDMI on the TV1 output. I also have the feed going to my HD tv upstairs via COMPONENT. Before I used to use the UHF remote for upstairs to change channels and IR to change channels with my Harmony downstairs. Now the UHF remote doesn't work upstairs. I really woudl be happy just getting that remote to work. Then I could always use the TV2 for my slingbox and/or projector to watch something else if the TV1 is watching a different program upstairs.

I've gone through all the menu's but I can't see how to set up the remote such that they would work like the used to.

Can someone tell me how to do this? Specifically how to access the remote setup screen?

If the VIP622 receiver is placed in SINGLE mode, the regular UHF remote will control it perfectly, and completely. I've been doing it for a couple years now. The VIP612 is single mode without doing anything special, because it only controls one tuner.

I believe you can also exchange the number "2" key on the UHF remote for the number "1" key on the IR remote, and it'll then even work in Dual mode. If you want to try this, just remove the battery cover, and unscrew the little phillips screw there. The key will then pull out. REinsert it in the opposite control, replace the screw, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Then I could always use the TV2 for my slingbox and/or projector to watch something else if the TV1 is watching a different program upstairs.
You CANNOT use TV2 for the Slingbox without a special IR adapter. TV2 is SD only so you're not going to like it on the upstairs HDTV.

I would recommend you not get all wadded up in explaining everything and instead concentrate on one thing at a time.

If your upstairs remote stopped working, you must fix that first before you go to the next step.

Have you been tinkering with dual mode recently???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)