622 upgrade problem

yaesumofo

Original poster
May 3, 2005
Hi guys I called Dish last week to get one of these beauties they were accommodating. The end cost -$1.00. Not bad.

So they come and drop in the 622 replacing the 211.
For about 3 hours everything was great!! Cool machine.
Unfortunately I did not get that far with it. I was watching a movie and I got a black screen followed by a reboot (really quick for a dish network receiver I must say that the 622 reboots in about 2 minutes not the 5-10 my 921 needs) so the unit reboots and at the signal reception screen the receiver goes to an "internal communications error" 122 is the error number. Ant the unit starts looping.
The s# has gone to all 0"s

So that is where things are today.
I tired to get dish to contact the installers with the hope they could turn around and bring me another, I had my call dropped from dish 4 times before I was able to complete the entire process of making a new appointment. The were not able to contact the installer in time to get him back to me. So I wait until Friday to replace the unit. In the mean time I put the 211 back into service.
I sure wish I knew what made thee 622 break. Oh well not that important I suppose. I just hope this is not a long term or major bug Issue.
BTW I had a peek under the hood nice looking board layout.
The fan is a bit strange. It comes on for 30 seconds at first start and then at shutdown apparently. It is LOUD and blows air over the HD.
In the few hours I had the unit running I did notice that it gets pretty darn warm and I did not notice the fan being loud (or even on if it was).
It has been a while since I looked into one of these receivers. This one uses a serial ATA drive, these are definitely sophisticated little hunks of technology.

Yaesumofo

Make sure the 622 is in a well ventilated area ( I have a fan pulling air out the left side of mine) because heat IS a problam with the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts