622 usb hdd countdown has begun

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Additional storage would be handy, but I wouldn't pay any fee's for it. I would either look for a HDMI compatible DVD recorder, or build one myself.:eureka

Ummm... where to begin.

1. HDCP encryption issue has to be resolved when content is encrypted
  2. Find me a DVD recorder that can handle either (A) On the Fly MPEG-2/MPEG-4 encoding at with a 1.65 Gbits/second input data rate
  3. Data rate for 1080i for max OTA bit rate is > a Dual Layer disc per hour. What are you going to do when whatever you're recording spans discs?
  4. Data rate exceeds the spec for a 1x ROM device by a factor of 2.

Kudos if you can build one.

The only reason I want the USB storage is to expand my recording capacity. I do hope it isn't an archive only feature. It would also be fine with me if the only way to play back the USB content is using the 622.

What would really make me happy is to allow expansion of the 622's storage capacity so I can record 200+ hours of HD. :D

The way it has been shown previously, you were able to play back from the external drive. I assume it is still working that way.

CES 2007 is Jan 8-11 in Lost Wages. So maybe we'll get a press release on Jan 7.

could not of said it better... Too bad Mark Martin will No longer be in a Roush ride, well I guess I will have to root for carl, jamie, Matt, Kasey, Casey, Boris, Greg, ward, sterling, ryan, ken and tony..:) :)

and i will still be booing Jimmy and Jeffy Boy:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just heard Dish is going to sponsor a Bush and Cup car for a few races and Biffle is going to drive it.

Ummm... where to begin.

1. HDCP encryption issue has to be resolved when content is encrypted
  2. Find me a DVD recorder that can handle either (A) On the Fly MPEG-2/MPEG-4 encoding at with a 1.65 Gbits/second input data rate
  3. Data rate for 1080i for max OTA bit rate is > a Dual Layer disc per hour. What are you going to do when whatever you're recording spans discs?
  4. Data rate exceeds the spec for a 1x ROM device by a factor of 2.

Kudos if you can build one.
I meant DVR/DVD Recorder instead of DVD Recorder.

I'm sure they'll be away around the HDCP soon.:D
Time will tell.

I meant DVR/DVD Recorder instead of DVD Recorder.

I'm sure they'll be away around the HDCP soon.:D
Time will tell.

Okay, now get me past 2-4 then.

You're talking about substantial bandwidth on the HDMI out that you still haven't addressed.

DVR is expecting to work with already compressed material for HD, not raw RGB or YPrPb.

Okay, now get me past 2-4 then.

You're talking about substantial bandwidth on the HDMI out that you still haven't addressed.

DVR is expecting to work with already compressed material for HD, not raw RGB or YPrPb.
Well, it's $995 and requires a PCI-Express PC or Mac, but the DeckLink HD Studio board from Black Magic Design accepts YPbPr in HD formats and converts it to digital form. Plus, it has the HDMI in and out connectors as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)