622 Warning 760 - Don't do it!

like2watch

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I don't know if this has been posted before.

I powered on this morning and my 622 had Warning 760 displayed. It says the hard drive is corrupted and the only thing to be done is to delete everything:shocked. It won't allow a normal poweroff.

I unplugged it (hard reset) and after it came back up all my stored programs were still shown:clap. I called tech support and suggested they alter the text in that warning.

:wave

I had the same problem on Monday. I did a hard reset (unplugged it) and every thing is working fine. Note my hard drive was almost full (10 min left) so I deleted a couple of things to make space in case that was the problem.

Thanks for the Tip.....and Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

Others have posted about this before and the wording isn't accurate. It apparently DOES delete the programs under the "TV Entertainment" menu though (as if too many people know or care).

I had quite a bit of space left. Deleting "TV Entertainment" I wouldn't have minded.

Yep, that is exactly right. It deletes the TV Entertainment junk, but no big deal. I agree that the wording is very bad.

Yep, that is exactly right. It deletes the TV Entertainment junk, but no big deal. I agree that the wording is very bad.

At least one person is reporting getting the message and having their recordings deleted. Apparently which ever partition is thought to be corrupted is erased. And whether you tell it to or not it WILL be erased, either if your give it an ok or on the reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)