Heads up - Free local channel preview ends Dec 31!

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
If you are getting the local channel "free" preview, make sure you understand that after December 31, Dish will start charging you for the local channels. You need to call them up on January 1 to cancel the local channels if you dont want to be charged.

For more info tune to Channel 240 (if available to you).

Any listing for the areas that Dish is offering this Free Preview? My 942 now has EPG data for my local ATSC entries, but I don't see SD Locals, nor do I have a channel 240 available to me.

Any listing for the areas that Dish is offering this Free Preview? My 942 now has EPG data for my local ATSC entries, but I don't see SD Locals, nor do I have a channel 240 available to me.

Apparently the only people that are getting the free preview are customers who are subscribed to Distant locals (which will be shut off) and are in a market that Dish currently has up.

Since they probably can't determine who is who, EVERYONE gets the local OTA EPG data, but only certain people get the free preview channels.

If you are getting the local channel "free" preview, make sure you understand that after December 31, Dish will start charging you for the local channels. You need to call them up on January 1 to cancel the local channels if you dont want to be charged.

Doesn't apply to me, but I thought you had to cancel no later than Dec 31. So Jan 1 will probably :D cost you.

I still don't understand how they can justify adding additional programming without customer permission.

Very shady, even for Dish.

Scott

I still don't understand how they can justify adding additional programming without customer permission.

Very shady, even for Dish.

Scott

They cannot and will not. It still remains to be seen how they will handle the removal of DNS(assuming it happens). Perhaps if you were getting DNS and can be getting your locals, they will offer a automatic switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)