622 with "Warning 981..." screen

BTW, props to Dish for the incredibly fast service! I called yesterday AM to talk to Tech. Service about the overall situation. The rep figured we wouldn't know anything without an operating 622, so that was the first step; I had to install the replacement. In the activation process it became clear that nothing from 119 appeared in the PG, and the status screen showed it as absent (plus an error on 129). After trying many things over 80 minutes, "Toby" finally scheduled the truck roll for today (Monday AM), but about an hour later I got a call from the local Dish dealer saying they had a crew making calls in my area and they could get me next if I was amenable. Of course! That would allow me to see the whole process and ask all questions. They (installer plus trainee) rolled up within an hour and were done 2 hours later. I never would have guessed I'd end up with essentially a whole new scheme. Dish is trying to migrate us all in these parts to EA, and as long as I don't lose any programming, notably my HD locals which heretofore were only available on 129, then I'm game! 129 has been marginal at best for me from the get go 4 years ago due to LoS issues but I shouldn't have that issue with 61.5 or 72.7 anytime soon. The one tech did confirm that there was no LoS issue with 119, but that's as far as we went with any diagnostics on the old system. He did say I might have a "bad 119 chip" in my DPP44, whatever that means. Apparently those switches have been problematic?

I only had $20 ea. to tip them...hope that was enough.

Anyway, at the moment I think I can say "It's all good!" Thanks Dish and those 2 techs !!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
Replaced. Dish sent it to me perhaps too soon. As mentioned above, it was during the activation that it became clear that I needed help with the reception. We'll never know whether the Warning 981 situation would have cleared on its own, but with all the unsuccessful reboots (on my own and at Dish's direction) I'll bet I bricked it...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)