622 Woes!?!?!

clarknielsen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Idaho
I called February 1st at 8:00 AM MST and ordered my 622. My original install was for Feb 11th. It was moved a few days later to Feb 28th due to the 622 availability. It was subsequently moved again until March 18th because the CSR forgot to add a new dish to my install. I am going to subscribe to DishHD Platinum and also have six TV's in my house. I would imagine that is a larger account for Dish. The CSR I spoke with tonight could care less if I left. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get my install moved up?

I would also like some input on which satellite I should use. I am in Boise, ID and have a SD 121. Besides having the CBS HD East on 61.5, is there an advantage of either 61.5 or 129?

I have had basically the same experience (see my blog), only I'm looking at April 1, assuming they don't screw something else up. The whole thing has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. They do not really appear to care about customer service.

The only thing I can suggest is what one of the more helpful CSRs told me - keep calling every few days to see if they can move you up.

clarknielsen said:
I called February 1st at 8:00 AM MST and ordered my 622. My original install was for Feb 11th. It was moved a few days later to Feb 28th due to the 622 availability. It was subsequently moved again until March 18th because the CSR forgot to add a new dish to my install. I am going to subscribe to DishHD Platinum and also have six TV's in my house. I would imagine that is a larger account for Dish. The CSR I spoke with tonight could care less if I left. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get my install moved up?

I would also like some input on which satellite I should use. I am in Boise, ID and have a SD 121. Besides having the CBS HD East on 61.5, is there an advantage of either 61.5 or 129?

There is no advantage to having either or, they both have the same NATIONAL HD on them.

I currently have a 942, a 625 and a 301. I am upgrading the 301 to a 622. Thanks for the input on the satellite and also checking for an updated install date.

61.5 and 148 have some Public Interest Channels not on the core:
PNTGN ARTS GSN HTVN PAEC
(pentagon, arts, good ssamaritan, holistic, panhandle)
and 61.5 has the demo fish tank HDTV3 and WCBS.
148 has KCBS, second Showtime and HBO HD, and a PPV HD
My or my wife's interest is ARTS, which I have seen on a California cable too.
I got the 148 dish a couple of years ago when we (Alb.) had some locals on it.
I moved it to 61.5 to get Voom after I got an 811.
I'd like to keep that when I upgrade to a 622 sometime but I'll need to replace the SW64 with a DPP44, I hope on their nickel.
To check visit http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

-Ken

Last edited:
KKlare said:
61.5 and 148 have some Public Interest Channels not on the core:
PNTGN ARTS GSN HTVN PAEC
(pentagon, arts, good ssamaritan, holistic, panhandle)
and 61.5 has the demo fish tank HDTV3 and KCBS.
148 has WCBS, second Showtime and HBO HD, and a PPV HD

-Ken

Whoops...

148 has KCBS
61.5 has WCBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)