622 won't read my locals..

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
I have an amplified rabbit ear antenna that picks up our 1 and only HD OTA channel, and the locals CBS digital channel fine. The signal strength, according to my TV is great. But the 622 does not pick up either station as locals.

I have it set for offair, and have it plugged into where it's supposed to be on the DVR and the TV. I can't even plug them in manually. No signal strength at all- according to the 622.

ny other suggestions?

Different tuners react differently, so try the antenna in a different location or can you turn off the amplifier as a test too ?

Are you *sure* you've got the antenna plugged into the 622's correct input ? :D Did you go to Menu, 6, 9 and do "Scan Locals" ?

tried all that. When I moved the antenna to it's current spot, it's finally given me FOX in HD. With the Superbowl coming, I really want to avoid touching it for fear of losing the signal again:eek:

I have tried to scan them numerous times to no avail. Not really a huge deal, with the exception of not being able to record the channels.

If I take off the amplification, I will lose the pic all together.

Try using antennaweb.org
Fill in your info and see if they can give you a solution to give you want you want. Chances are you may need a bigger antenna or an outside one.

I have been to that site. They say I need an outside antenna. I can get it inside with rabbit ears. The DVR just can't see it. Don't understand that.

If the DVR is not seeing it, you are not gettting it on the DRV.

Get an appropriate antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts