Any Guide to Name Based Record on 510?

jkohnman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

I have looked to see if I can find a post with how to work the name based recording on a 510. I have issues almost daily, so there could be something I'm missing. I set timers as a one time, and they go away. I cannot record a show in progress, like I used to. Works like it did, but no recording starts. It seems to make strange decisions as to what it's going to record. I setup a timer for a discovery show a week ago for tonight, but when I checked this morning it's decided to override my choice with a rerun from a show from Sunday. A one-time timer I setup for next Friday, it's now decided is a rerun and wants to skip, and I cannot find an option to 'restore' the timer. Would I have better luck if set most timers as 'weekly' instead of record new? I've got about a 50-50 mix right now but to me, it seems both have issues.

Thanks for any help.
Jim

Hi,

I have looked to see if I can find a post with how to work the name based recording on a 510. I have issues almost daily, so there could be something I'm missing. I set timers as a one time, and they go away. I cannot record a show in progress, like I used to. Works like it did, but no recording starts. It seems to make strange decisions as to what it's going to record. I setup a timer for a discovery show a week ago for tonight, but when I checked this morning it's decided to override my choice with a rerun from a show from Sunday. A one-time timer I setup for next Friday, it's now decided is a rerun and wants to skip, and I cannot find an option to 'restore' the timer. Would I have better luck if set most timers as 'weekly' instead of record new? I've got about a 50-50 mix right now but to me, it seems both have issues.

Thanks for any help.
Jim
Look at this page Tech Portal : 501/508 510 . On the lower left is link that says "New Recording Features". This is a video that may help.

Last edited: