622 - Yellow Screen

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
Every now and then, my screen goes completely yellow. I simply change channels, then back to the one I was watching, and everything's fine.

Any idea what's causing this?

Is it happening on your OTA channels? I found that if I lose the signal on myr OTA channel I am watching I will sometimes get a yellow screen instead of the "lost signal" warning box.

I get the same yellow screen in the Charlotte, NC area. It is always om the local CBS affiliate. It is usually on the OTA channel but occasionally on the Dish transmission as well.

I've seen it. I think only on HD locals (Atlanta in my case). It used to be green but now it is yellow. I think it is just when there is a loss of signal for a brief second

I've also had it and it was not on an OTA ... glad it's not just me.I was afraid it might have been my plasma.

had this several times over the weekend, along with audio drop outs. Video would come back after ~1/2 second. I think it was on DVR'd show, too.

I had this happen last night while watching CBS HD. I have never had this happen before and was worried it was my 622 going bad - glad to hear that's probably not the issue.

Mines been doing that for a while now. Just a signal hiccup. In a perfect world, it should never happen.:D

I experienced this on our local fox station during the Packers game, thought it was the feed since the Packer Ram game was obviously the D squad. Anyone else see this?

I experienced this on our local fox station during the Packers game, thought it was the feed since the Packer Ram game was obviously the D squad. Anyone else see this?
I have seen it on our locals (sometimes is a yellow screen, sometimes pink). I assume it is where Dish is losing their feed at the tower (kind of like pixilating on OTA).

Geoff

Happened to me on Fox's Bears/Seahawks game about 5 or 6 different times. Always accompanied with audio problems and only lasts a couple of seconds each time.

Would love if someone in the know could tell us. Thins morning we had three colored screens:

Yellow, Magenta, and Green on the Local NBC--where the uplink is at for dish. OTA was fine however.

I wonder if it's a special thing so the guys at the uplink center can tell when there is a problem on a channel when they look at the huge wall of monitors

Two yellow screen occurences. Foggy on details of first but last night's happened during the intro credits of Dollhouse. Had DD audio sound ok, but no picture for couple of seconds. Then everything normal again.

I've had several yellow screens the past several weeks. But, unlike how others have reported, I've had no audio during those short periods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts