625 -> 622 - Am I going to loose my 100 hrs of recorded programming?

shappy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
I am planning to upgrade my service to HD and I was told by E* customer service that I would have to give back my 625 when I upgrade to the 622, otherwise I will have to pay additional fees to keep it.

So, am I destined to loose the 100 hrs I already have on my 625 when I upgrade to the 622? Do I have any way to get the 625 programming off or am I SOL?

Thanks.

You won't "loose" them. You will lose them though. If you have a DVD burner, you could burn them. Otherwise, they're gone.

I just went through this. I "lost" over a hundred hours too. It boiled down to .... what can I replace on DVD? ... and ... what's worth my time to transfer? ....

That boiled down to a grand total of 2 DVDs and one recording session to record some stuff off onto DVD. The rest is gone. And I don't care. :) Kinda makes ya wonder why you save some of this junk, don't it?

I'm betting a lot of what you have saved (unless it's sporting events) will be repeated

just my 2 cents. Have fun! It's just TV!

True true. Frankly the only things I care about are this season's Rescue Me and The Closer. I am sure both will be repeated and at least I can now record The Closer in HD!

I am planning to upgrade my service to HD and I was told by E* customer service that I would have to give back my 625 when I upgrade to the 622, otherwise I will have to pay additional fees to keep it.

So, am I destined to loose the 100 hrs I already have on my 625 when I upgrade to the 622? Do I have any way to get the 625 programming off or am I SOL?

Thanks.

Not worth to transfer.

Those shows will eventually be re-played again some time again in the future.

external hard drive will NOT work on the 522 or 625, it's a ViP-only feature.

those receivers have USB1.1 port, not USB2.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)