625 and VoIP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cth3

Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Hello,

To use my Vonage VoIP service, I have been advised to enter a *99 for the dial prefix, however every time I enter the * key on the remote, it takes me to the DVR Menu (as if I was pressing the gray DVR button)

I know with the older receivers this was possible.

Any way around this or to fix this issue?

With the 508 I think I used the up and down keys to select the *. Dunno about the new stuff

Good luck, I use mine fine with vonage.

Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize that it took so long to respond. We've received an unexpected amount of e-mails this month. Our normal response time is 24-48 hours.

Dish Network receivers do not currently support VoIP services. This issue is being researched and we hope to have a solution for Broadband phone users in the near future.

There are applications that you will not be able to take advantage of such as our interactive TV services, Customer Support Application, and Caller ID; you will also not be able to use your remote control to order any Pay-Per-View events or movies. (Pay per view can still be ordered online at www.dishnetwork.com/ppv or by calling 1-877-347-4778 with a $1 transaction fee).* Another consideration is, without a standard phone line an additional a $4.99 per month access fee will be applied to your account if you have one of our dual tuner receivers (models 322, 522, 625, and 942). We are actively working on a solution for VOIP phone lines as we realize this technology is becoming more prevalent.

Thanks,

Technical E-mail Support
Dish Network

cth3 said:
Thank you for your e-mail. I apologize that it took so long to respond. We've received an unexpected amount of e-mails this month. Our normal response time is 24-48 hours.
Dish Network receivers do not currently support VoIP services. This issue is being researched and we hope to have a solution for Broadband phone users in the near future.
There are applications that you will not be able to take advantage of such as our interactive TV services, Customer Support Application, and Caller ID; you will also not be able to use your remote control to order any Pay-Per-View events or movies. (Pay per view can still be ordered online at www.dishnetwork.com/ppv or by calling 1-877-347-4778 with a $1 transaction fee).* Another consideration is, without a standard phone line an additional a $4.99 per month access fee will be applied to your account if you have one of our dual tuner receivers (models 322, 522, 625, and 942). We are actively working on a solution for VOIP phone lines as we realize this technology is becoming more prevalent.
Thanks,
Technical E-mail Support
Dish Network

My caller ID works just fine and I can order movies with no problem with my 942 using Vonage

I use a 522 with Vonage. I can't get their interactive screens, but PPV works and I don't get nagged about the receivers not being connected to a phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)