625 DVR with TV2 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jamjrks

Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
N E Kansas
Dish installed a 625 DVR dual receiver in January 2008. 625 is on one floor of my home with TV2 being on a lower floor accessible via an open staircase and about 25 steps from the 625. Problem is that TV2 remote has ceased working the 625 receiver, most of the time. Works sometime, but not others. Have replaced batteries in TV2 remote and problem still exists. Through trial and error, have discovered that TV2 remote will work when the TV1 receiver is off. When TV1 is on, I can stand directly in front of 625 and the TV2 remote will not function. However, sometimes, I can hold the TV2 remote directly next to the UHF antenna on the 625 and it will function. Have tried all I know to do. Have removed power from all wireless devices in my home and problem still exists. The mystery is why will the TV2 remote function most of the time when the TV1 receiver is off? Bad receiver? Dish seems to think so and is sending me a replacement receiver. Any one else encountered this situation? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, jamjrks! :wave

Not sure what's wrong with your remote, but if you haven't tried this yet, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the antenna and also changing the remote code/number (as described in the manual).

There are 32 different remote codes, and higher codes usually work better at longer distances. If you're still on remote code 1, I would suggest something higher. I usually use remote code 13 by habit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)