625 Hook Up Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Reach4stars1

Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Hi,
I just bought a 625 receiver off ebay but I didn't know you had to have two cables coming into the receiver. Right now I have 2 receivers each with one cable I have the dish 500 the older set up. Can I use the 625 with out hooking up the second cable or can I just the change switch from the current one switch 21. I can't get on the roof to change lnbf. Please help me. I don't need to run a second tv right now to the 625.
Thanks
Lisa

you will have to change the LNB... sorry. If you can, use a Dish Pro Plus LNB. You can use a dish pro LNB, but then you will have to run two lines, one to sat 1 input, one to the sat 2 input. If you can get a Dish Pro Plus LNB, you only need one line, but you will need a seperator. Make sure it is a dish network seperator, it looks like a splitter, but you cannot use a splitter. I don't want to confuse you any more, but if you want more info send me a message or repost on this thread and I can even let you know how to use diplexers to run your second side of the 625 back out that same line coming in. But to answer your question, you cannot run both tuners of your 625 with the 21 switch. I'm assuming when you say you have the old system you mean that you have two seperate LNB's on your dish that both run into the 21 switch and then only 1 line running back out? Hope I was clear enough in answering you, if not reply back and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and be of more assistance.

yes i would like more info on the diplexers. Can I just run side one side of the 625? Will the dish pro plus lnb hook up the same way as the set up already on dish? Do I have to change the switch with pro plus lnb? I thank you so much for your help. I just want the easiest way to hook it up to one tv for now.
Lisa

Yes I would like more info on the diplexers. If I get the pro plus lnb do I still need to upgrade the 21 switch? Can I run just one tuner for now with hooking up another TV? I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it right but your help is awesome.
Thanks much
Lisa

you will have to change the LNB... sorry. If you can, use a Dish Pro Plus LNB. You can use a dish pro LNB, but then you will have to run two lines, one to sat 1 input, one to the sat 2 input. If you can get a Dish Pro Plus LNB, you only need one line, but you will need a seperator. Make sure it is a dish network seperator, it looks like a splitter, but you cannot use a splitter. I don't want to confuse you any more, but if you want more info send me a message or repost on this thread and I can even let you know how to use diplexers to run your second side of the 625 back out that same line coming in. But to answer your question, you cannot run both tuners of your 625 with the 21 switch. I'm assuming when you say you have the old system you mean that you have two seperate LNB's on your dish that both run into the 21 switch and then only 1 line running back out? Hope I was clear enough in answering you, if not reply back and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and be of more assistance.
yes I would like more info on the diplexers. If i get the pro plus lnb do I need to upgrade the
21 switch. Also will it hookup just like the old lnbs. Can I run one tuner for now? Your help is awesome. I thank you so much!\
Lisa

No once you change out the lnb to a dish pro plus twin, just remove 2 screws and slid back on, you will have no need for the 21 switch. You just need a single wire all the way from the DPP twin to the DPP seperator that hooks to the back of the 625 and your done.

don't have a lot of time right now, so if you have more questions feel free to ask and I'll check back when i have more time, but this link should help.
Tech Portal : 625

then click on the left under "install" and then pick "dpp twin with seperators"
it should give you a good diagram.

The Dish Pro Plus LNB will control your other receiver too, but you'll have to run another line off of port 2 to it. Use port 1 for your 625. The Dish pro plus has another connection on it by itself, but it is an input, do not use it. Use port 1 and 2.
Port 1 can feed your 625 and you can diplex the second side of that to another tv. Port 2 can feed your other receiver just fine.

I don't know how easily you have access to RG6 cable, fittings, cable clips, etc... While it's not difficult, I'm wondering if you might consider calling dish and just seeing what it would cost to have someone hook it up for you from them. I wouldn't be suprised if it was close to $100 or a bit more, but I could easily be wrong, however by the time you consider getting a ladder to get to your dish to replace the LNB, buying fittings and a tool to crimp them on, buying RG6 wire and other accessories, you may be ahead of the game. If you have all of that already or can easily get it for not a lot of money, then tackling it yourself really isn't that difficult and there are tons of really helpful people on this site who should be able to walk you through just about anything.

oh yeah, by the way, like wickedude said above, you will not need that 21 switch anymore.,
you're also looking at the expence of a Dish pro plus lnb, (not sure on price, probably anywhere from $25-40.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts