Please help me diagnos my 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I have an OTA hooked up to my 722 (albeit indoor). I get decent reception on most channels (~~80), but the signal *constantly* drops out for 5 seconds, comes back for 15, and drops again. I hooked my OTA directly to my Samsung, and the signal didn't drop out once (although it flucuated). Do I have a defective 722, or are they all prone to this?

Thanks!

Sounds like you might be suffering from multipath. Try to change the direction of antenna a bit to see if you can get a more consistent signal.

I moved it slightly, and there is some improvement. Is it normal for a TV tuner to handle multipath issues better than the 722?

Another question.....there is a drastic difference in the colors between OTA thru the TV and OTA thru the 722. The 722 colors look a bit washed out. Does anyone know whats up with this?

Well known fact and if you'll read posts here and there - it's a major complain: local OTA is better, then re-compressed and downrezzed thru sat provider.

i know...but the same OTA signal is going to the TVs tuner and the 722s tunder. i dont understand why it would look so much different.

I moved it slightly, and there is some improvement. Is it normal for a TV tuner to handle multipath issues better than the 722?

Another question.....there is a drastic difference in the colors between OTA thru the TV and OTA thru the 722. The 722 colors look a bit washed out. Does anyone know whats up with this?

We had the same problem with dropouts. We now suspect that it was a multipath issue. We figure this because when we put aluminum foil on the dipoles (the "rabbit ears" part of our antenna), the issue went down drastically. It might be something to try.

Geoff

Are the picture settings on the tv the same for the tv tuner and whatever video input the 722 is connected to? A lot of tv's have separate settings for each input. I know all of mine happen to be this way. So I can setup each input for whatever source is feeding it.

Are the picture settings on the tv the same for the tv tuner and whatever video input the 722 is connected to? A lot of tv's have separate settings for each input. I know all of mine happen to be this way. So I can setup each input for whatever source is feeding it.

I bet thats it!!! I'm a dunce. Thanks I'll have tocheck it when I get home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts