625 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JD Smith

Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
After calls to "tech support", replacement of my 501 and then an after dark (running late...) service call when I was told that due to age, etc. my dishes, sw64, and wiring needed to be replaced, the technician recommended also updating to a 625, I called and ordered a 625 to be installed at the time the other work was being done. At 8:30 PM last night the installer (scheduled at noon), called and asked if I wanted him to come install the 625 when told he would have to run extra cable to replace the 501 since the 625 is a dual tuner PVR with an output to a second TV, he claimed that they now used different switches and a splitter, so nothing else would have to be done?

My knowledge dates from the "C Band days", and learning the basics when the dish was installed several years ago (changed and moved the SW64 they "installed" on the roof that lasted 3 days), and changing out 501's. Another install/repair is scheduled for tomorrow, could someone tell me what is currently used, what to look for, etc., and necessary wiring?
4 301's and 1 501 currently
Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts