625 problems

jctusa

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
This problem started with my 625 reciever last week and has happened for a few days since, with some days no problem. I press the remote, like always and the tv turns on, but nothing happens with the reciever. No lights at all. I try different things to get it running again - the green light will come on for a few minutes, then shut off, then maybe retry again. I hold the power button to reset it, but the same thing happens.

Next I will unplug it, let it set and try again. All this time, the receiver green light will come on for a while, then turn off. I will try this method over and over again, finally the green and amber light will come on and the signal will start appearing on the tv screen, either directly to the channel program or start downloading the satelite signals, then the picture resumes. Whatever I am doing to get the reciever downloading again, isn't consistant as I keep doing the same thing over and over, then suddenly it works.

It is working fine now after using that method earlier this morning, (took about 15 minutes) but once I turn it off for a few hours, I will no doubt have the problem again.

I am thinking the reciever needs to be replaced unless anyone has had a simialar problem and knows the fix - thinking of getting the insurance, then calling DISH service. :confused:

Thanks,

This problem started with my 625 reciever last week and has happened for a few days since, with some days no problem. I press the remote, like always and the tv turns on, but nothing happens with the reciever. No lights at all. I try different things to get it running again - the green light will come on for a few minutes, then shut off, then maybe retry again. I hold the power button to reset it, but the same thing happens.

Next I will unplug it, let it set and try again. All this time, the receiver green light will come on for a while, then turn off. I will try this method over and over again, finally the green and amber light will come on and the signal will start appearing on the tv screen, either directly to the channel program or start downloading the satelite signals, then the picture resumes. Whatever I am doing to get the reciever downloading again, isn't consistant as I keep doing the same thing over and over, then suddenly it works.

It is working fine now after using that method earlier this morning, (took about 15 minutes) but once I turn it off for a few hours, I will no doubt have the problem again.

I am thinking the reciever needs to be replaced unless anyone has had a simialar problem and knows the fix - thinking of getting the insurance, then calling DISH service. :confused:

Thanks,

Sounds like a hard drive going bad ... But you shouldn't need the insurance to get it replaced. AFAIK, Dish owns the equipment. They should replace it for free, unless you upgrade. Then you might get charged a small fee (and another 2 year commitment?). I had to do this awhile back, hopefully it's been two years now because I need to leave Dish due to this Fox hassle.

Good luck!

Thanks footer for the reply. My feelings exactly, also my 2 year contract is up in January, so I will be changing providers too unless the situation is worked out soon. I need to get on the High Def bandwagon, so I will see what Direct can offer me.

Check your power if possible to make sure there is no problems there. When the receiver starts up, the hard drive fan should run for the first minute or so. If not, you probably have a hard drive or power issue.

When the green light on the receiver comes on, I hear the fan running. Yesterday, while watching a program, the receiver shut itself off and once again I lost the signal until I was able to get the receiver back on - this is a new problem. Frustrating, because you never know if the receiver will function once you turn it off for awhile. I guess I should call service today, but would like to see what happens with FOX before I get new equipment.

yea prettymuch i deal with this alot and unfortuantely you need a new reciever. like he said add the protection plan build the work order for the service call and after they are done cancel it. simple easy done from what i hear it works well and it will save you a bunch of money comparing if you dont have it.

Is the 625 your only receiver? I would definately say have a tech out to replace it and check your system to make sure there isn't another problem that would kill the new receiver also.

I finally called DISH yesterday, to report my faulty reciever. I delayed because it was working for a few days, then suddenly started up again, so I figured now is the time. The tech said they will send a replacement out for $15.00 or I can buy the insurance and have a tech bring out the replacement and install it, then cancel after 120 days if I want. I said I will pay the $15.00 and install it myself at which point I was switched to another hard to understand person that I assumed was going to place the order, but instead she graciously offered to upgrade my system and only extend my contract for 24 months. No thanks, I am not interested as I am ready to bolt DISH anyway. Then I was put on hold to presumably place my order and recieve my shipping number, but instead the agent comes back and says their computers are down and I will get a call back within 24 hours and if I don't I should call back. WHAT?

In the meantime the tv is off and on and now the reciever turns itself off during a program. I have discovered that if I unplug the system and leave it set for 10 or more minutes, when I turn it back on, the green light will come on, then fan will run, and a moment later I will hear what sounds like a disk starting (doesn't happen when I reset or just unplug, has to set idol for awhile), then the green light will go off then both green and amber will come on and the receiver will start searching for signals and start receiving signals - presto.

When it would come back on after setting idol for awhile, I had thought of heat as an issue. Trouble with that theory is it has been in the same location since I have had this model and maybe 7 years for the earlier model. (on top the tv) Also that wouldn't explain why after being off all day it failed to start up without constant restarts. I did call back DISH, as they never called, and had the replacement sent out. No hard sell this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)