625 recording extra hour

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ale-8-1

Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Midwest
When I set an end time on a DVR timer, I have to make it 1 hour short because my 625 records an extra hour. Anybody know how to correct this? Thanks.

Never ran into that, that I can recall anyway. Someone will probably come on and refresh my memory..:)

btw.....:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports events add an extra hour automatically. Otherwise this should not happen unless you've changed the default options.

Why do sports events add an hour automatically; shouldn't that be a user-selected feature? And... is the only way to correct this to back off on the time as we are doing?

Because sports are notorious for running long. If you recorded the big game and it was one yard and 30 seconds to go and the recording ended, you'd be steamed.

Same reason I never bother with anything on CBS primetime schedule on the weekends. Everything is always late.

Thanks. That stinks though. Coming from a 7200, I already have the habit of adding 1.5 hours to my football games and 30 minutes to college basketball. I don't need the machine taking a time that I manually enter and adding one hour to it. I wish I could turn that "feature" off. Actually... I wish I had my 7200's back; my wife hates the "improvements" we were forced to take on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts