625 TV2 coax output

tigerfan

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hello everyone--

Newbie here. Got Dish Network about 3 months ago--a couple HD recievers (825's I think) and one dual tuner 625. Love it. The 625 and one 825 is in the man cave, one 825 upstairs in the living room, and the TV2 coax output was run to the upstairs (two floors up from basement) bedroom.

So all that is upstairs is a coax cord. One floppy, lonely, old school coax cord. We ran that coax to a CRT, tuned to channel 73, and got a good picture. However, we got a 30 inch LCD a couple weeks ago. The picture is pretty bad with the coax plugged directly into the LCD. Major ghosting. Tested the LCD directly with the 825 using S-video output and the picture looked tons better. I think the poor picture with TV2 is because I'm plugging the coax directly into the LCD.

Does anyone know how I can get an picture improvement? I emailed Dish and they pretty much said "Sorry." My apologies if this issue is answered somewhere else.

Thank you!

you might actually try setting that to a different channel, I know sometimes you can pick up interfernce, I have the 811(you refer to it as a 825 :) ) and a 625 and when I first ran my 625 downstairs to the same tv as the 811, I got a horrible picture, set it to output to a different channel (the 625) changed to that channel on the tv and I was set!

"old school coax cord". You can try Stuart's suggestion and if that doesn't work you must likely need a new cable run. Run a new RG6 coax cable and you should get a better picture.

811, 825, what's the difference. :)

Thanks for the replies! I'll change the channel setting and see if that works. I was under the impression that the picture was poor because I was using the TV2 coax input into the LCD TV, instead of composite/S video input. If I had a dedicated reciever I could use the 'better' inputs to the TV. But I have no dedicated reciever, just the coax. Is there an up-converter? Do I need a box? Or am I taking crazy pills?

Thanks again. Great site, by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)