63 Estrela do Sul 1-- PBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The PBS channels on Telstar 14 @ 63.0°W are the SC ETV feed channels (South Carolina Educational Television). There are 10 channels altogether.

They are NOT identical to those on 125.0°W AMC 21, but they often repeat/carry the same programming. For instance the CREATE channel may be shown occasionally on 63.0°W, but it does not have its own dedicated slot or channel location. The 310 feed is called ETV WORLD, but it does not always show the same programming as PBS WORLD on 125.0°W, but occasionally it does.

The remaining channels are strictly feeds and generally operate very infrequently from what I have observed.

All the channels are DVB-S2/QPSK with standard stereo audio tracks.

Telstar 14 has a somewhat weak reception in Nebraska. Not bad, but if there is any rain or heavy water bearing clouds, I can notice problems with pixelation or tiling and sometimes, if the rain is heavy enough, I lose the signal entirely. I could improve this with a single, fixed point dish dedicated for this sat, but on my motorized system I simply allow it to be as-is.

It is nice to have Telstar 14 available as an alternate if you can pull it in, but I personally would not set out to install a dedicated antenna for it, especially not if you can receive AMC 21 @ 125.0°W more easily.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)