64 bit windows 7 compatibility with rec. FW / SW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pitman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Lightning Capital
Up until just recently I've only had 32 bit windows programs XP and Vista. from there I was able to run all the receiver files and loader programs that I have used over the yrs. Now that I'm running windows 7 and 64bit software version on a new computer I'm thinking that it will be incompatible with the software and loader programs that I run/have run in the past.
Has anyone actually done this and/or know for sure if Win7 64 is compatible with old receiver FW and loader files? I don't know enough about software to answer this question for myself. Thanks

It's actually quite rare to encounter any 32-bit software that won't run on a 64-bit Windows. The main exception is device drivers.

It's actually quite rare to encounter any 32-bit software that won't run on a 64-bit Windows. The main exception is device drivers.

This. I've yet to have a problem with Windows 7 64-bit, and I got it right when it came out. It's handled any 32- or 64-bit program I've tried. You should still be able to use the same programs from XP/Vista in 7 without issue.

If you encounter a problem and you use Windows 7 "Professional" version, you can also try downloading and installing "Windows XP Mode" from Microsoft's downloads.
Note that "XP Mode" in Windows 7 is actually like running a copy of XP in a virtual machine/Window of Windows 7 and that your Windows 7 antivirus program won't be monitoring the XP machine so you'll need your XP antivirus program etc and XP cleaners etc to take care of your XP mode window [h=3][/h]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)