6500k Back light and normal tv viewing

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Gregg should be here in a few weeks and I wanted to revisit the back light for a second.

I currently have a light I did myself with a Lowes fixture and a 6500k "daylight" bulb. I really have grown to enjoy it and use it ALL the time for movies.

Im going to go ahead and buy the Ideal Lume light from Gregg and let him set it up while he's here. My question is:

How do you guys feel about the light only for normal tv and sports viewing at night. The general SOP at our house is using a lamp off the the side (so there is not reflection), but should the back light ALWAYS be used? Or is it just a "get the most out of you blu-ray" kinda thing?

I always keep a couple of small lights on behind my RP HDTV. Other lights off. Except when my in-laws are around, they seem to need every light in the house on.......

I always keep a couple of small lights on behind my RP HDTV. Other lights off. Except when my in-laws are around, they seem to need every light in the house on.......

Hehe, inlaws.

I guess Ive only really considered the backlight for movies and never for regular nightly programming. My wifes pretty open, shouldnt be too hard to get her on board :D

I'm not sure my wife likes the idea. For the bedroom upstairs, where we'll be watching the new TV, I speculated about putting lights behind it. That way, we could cut the other lights and not worry about reflections. Her response? "No, not lights behind another TV."

I guess I'll have to bring the topic up and get her thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts