650i servo connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phatton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Endicott, NY
I can't seem to get my servo motor to work on the GI 650I. I know the servo is ok since I have tested it on a Drake antenna positioner. How should the servo wires be connected to the 650i?

------------------------------------------------
| RED(1) | BLACK(2) | BLACK(3) | RED(4) |
| RED(5) | BLACK (6) | BLACK(7) | RED(8) |

I have the reed sensor of the actuator connected to 2 & 3 which seems to be working.

The actuator motor wires are hooked up to the connectors next to where your sensor wires are connected. Its under a cover and is labeled "Actuator M1 M2" just above the cover. Have fun.

sorry if I wasn't clear I ment the connection for the little blue servo on the feedhorn.

There should be a place for the Polarizer, with 4 connections. a) cH/kV, b) GND, c) skew, d) +5v (not necessarily in this order). Sometimes they are straight across and sometimes they are quartered like a plus sign in a box. You will only use 3 of them, the ground, the skew, and the +5 volts. It's color coded and on mine I have it as GND = Black, skew = Yellow, +5v = Red. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Al

Under the bottom row of black and red connectors should be a label that indicates "+5 - Pulse - Gnd". Hook up the red to +5, white to Pulse, black to Gnd. Also, you might need to go into the receiver's menu and ensure you have selected the use of an LNB with polarizer and not an LNBF, as well as selecting c-band, ku-band or both. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts