659 - FSN Pittsburgh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbixler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Spring Grove, PA
I guess it's just how the stupid blackout rules work for MLB but maybe someone can shed some light. I'm in zipcode 17362 and have Choice Xtra package and also subscribe to NHL Center Ice.

When the Penguins are on I can watch them on 659 FSN Pitt because the RSNs are opened when NHL games are being shown.

Why when I switch to 659 FSN Pitt right now I get a 721 error message for the Pirates game? Isn't it a free week for MLB Extra Innings and shouldn't 659 be unlocked for MLB like it is for NHL? I can watch YES, NESN, etc and I can also watch all the baseball games in the 720-730 range except 731 and 732.

So this means I could pay $199 for MLB Extra Innings and still have to purchase the Sports Pack to watch the Pirates? That makes zero sense to me.

I'm in the same situation. In order to get pirate and penguins games i have to subscribe to the sports pack.

I'm in the same situation. In order to get pirate and penguins games i have to subscribe to the sports pack.

Strange thing is though I don't need the sports pack for Penguin games. I have Center Ice and can watch the Penguin games on 659 but with MLB Extra Innings I can't watch the Pirate games on 659, or any other channel for that matter.

You live in an "overlap" area.

Back in the early 1980s, each baseball team claimed territories. Every square inch is claime by at least one team. The kicker is that some places are claimed by up to six. For any team that claims your zipcode, you will NOT get that team's games on EI.

On DirecTV, as a general rule, you will get one city's RSN for "free" in the basic package, including the games. But you will have to buy the sports pack to get the other RSNs that claim your area, and then EI to get the rest of the teams.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)