FSN Indiana Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I thought I remembered looking a while back and seeing that FSN Indiana and FSN Midwest were two separate channels on DTV, meaning I could still watch St. Louis Blues games here in Indy, even when the Pacers are on. I was thinking of switching back to DTV from Comcast for that specific reason, but now when I look it appears that it's just the one generic FSN Midwest channel, meaning the Pacers will override during conflicts.

Did this change recently, or am I just imagining that it was different? Anyone know?

Tried doing a quick search through old threads and didn't see anything, but I haven't been on here for a while...

671 FS Midwest
671-4 FS Indiana
671-5 FS KC

A couple years ago, they made all the PT RSNs appear as subchannels under the parent RSN. Does that help?

671 FS Midwest
671-4 FS Indiana
671-5 FS KC

A couple years ago, they made all the PT RSNs appear as subchannels under the parent RSN. Does that help?

Ah, ok, so there are separate channels, probably only used for games or something?

Exactly, the sub-channels are used just for game coverage, and often include pre/post game show. Sometimes you'll see a -1 (Midwest plus) carry programming in addition to the primary channel that may not be games as well.

Exactly, the sub-channels are used just for game coverage, and often include pre/post game show. Sometimes you'll see a -1 (Midwest plus) carry programming in addition to the primary channel that may not be games as well.

On some of the subchannels, the SD version carries other shows that HD doesn't. The only way to see the it is to unhide the SD duplicates. There is an example in the attachment. I do not believe that any of the FS Midwest subchannels do it often, but some, like FS Wisconsin do it often.

Attachments

• 1451871623035.jpg
    1451871623035.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: Mr Tony
I love having a choice of FSN Midwest,FSN Indiana and FSN Kansas City.Here locally on Comcast,They give you FSN Midwest with The FSN Indiana for Pacers games only,so last spring while Comcast viewers here were given English Soccer,Directv viewers like myself got Cardinals and Royals Spring Training Baseball with No blackouts on 671 and 671-5...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts