Coax adapter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
Just was wondering what kind of adapter the installer used when hooking up my directv hr44 dvr? It's a ac plug in adapter to coax, then Ethernet wire to router. Guess it's so I can stream movies. If I move router can I just plug in the hr44 straight to the router, and get rid of adapter? Thanks

If it looks like this... Don't touch it. That's your LNB power inserter. You need that to power the dish's LNB.
41eST87cx1L.jpg

If it looks like this, then if you have an HR44 you don't need it. It basically just inserts Ethernet into the DirecTV COAX system. This is the DECA bridge. You can get rid of it if you want and just plug in the Ethernet cable directly into the back of the HR44 Genie and it would then act as the DECA bridge without an extra piece of equipment. The older HR34 Genie (now retired) did need this but the newer Genie setups don't.
DECAEPSKIT_zoom.jpg

If it looks like this... Don't touch it. That's your LNB power inserter. You need that to power the dish's LNB.
View attachment 112455

If it looks like this, then if you have an HR44 you don't need it. It basically just inserts Ethernet into the DirecTV COAX system. This is the DECA bridge. You can get rid of it if you want and just plug in the Ethernet cable directly into the back of the HR44 Genie and it would then act as the DECA bridge without an extra piece of equipment. The older HR34 Genie (now retired) did need this but the newer Genie setups don't.
View attachment 112456
Actually the HR34 didn't needed either.

Reactions: Troch77
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)