664-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
664-1 added today. when i click it it says FS South alternate on the top but on the description it says FS Indiana alternate????????????? FS South already has 2 overflows and FS TN and FS Car. FS IN only has 1 team so I don't see why itd need a overflow. 664 SD is FS Detroit alternate though so obviously somethings mislabeled. I'm crossing my fingers hoping its actually FS Detroit alt HD!! Anyone know what it really is?

Looks to me like it 's going to be an Alternate in HD for Indiana ..... according to the info portion, we shall see, it would be real nice to get the FSN D ALT in HD come spring time when the Tigers / Red Wings and Pistons are all going at the same time.

Looks to me like it 's going to be an Alternate in HD for Indiana ..... according to the info portion, we shall see, it would be real nice to get the FSN D ALT in HD come spring time when the Tigers / Red Wings and Pistons are all going at the same time.

why would FS Indiana need an alternate? the only team they carry is the Pacers.

it says FS South too though on the top.

Here is a screen shot:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/28753242@N08/4099844459/"]TV on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4099844459_cf0196e4b6_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4099844459@@AMEPARAM@@cf0196e4b6[/ame]

Just got an email from FSD:

It's possible they may be able to use 664-1 to show the FSN national programming that is produced in HD (such as college football and college basketball games). Dish Network often clears those games in HD. We hope to start producing our local Plus games (Wings, Pistons, Tigers) in HD sometime in mid-2010.

IF a .1 designates HD, why would the split a SD with a HD channel using the same number ?

664- FSN Detroit a
664.1 FSS Indiana, potentially in HD

IF a .1 designates HD, why would the split a SD with a HD channel using the same number ?

664- FSN Detroit a

FSD told me local sports on FSD+ will be in HD mid 2010 so maybe they added it as a placeholder super early. And D* could use it for national CFB/CBB games on FSD+ in HD like Dish does.

664- FSN Detroit a

That's what I was wondering. Why wouldn't FS-I alt be 674/674-1? :confused:

It can't be another FS-S alt either, they already have 2 overflows, 2 subfeeds, AND Sport South (which also has an overflow).

That's what I was wondering. Why wouldn't FS-I alt be 674/674-1? :confused:

It can't be another FS-S alt either, they already have 2 overflows, 2 subfeeds, AND Sport South (which also has an overflow).

Maybe it's mis labeled ?
Maybe that will change once programming shows up on it.

just checked again and its showing a Pistons game in HD on it on 11/18 at 10 pm

Looks like their efforts to get both games in HD (when Wings/Pistons overlap) is going to be faster than that email said. :D

Of course, I'll believe it when I see it Wednesday night.

Looks like their efforts to get both games in HD (when Wings/Pistons overlap) is going to be faster than that email said. :D

Of course, I'll believe it when I see it Wednesday night.

ya probably another guide glitch but if its true i'll take it.

hopefully we won't have to suffer through many more Tigers games in SD only next year.

ya probably another guide glitch but if its true i'll take it.

hopefully we won't have to suffer through many more Tigers games in SD only next year.

Hopefully they won't have to suffer thru another year of inconsistant Offense and bullpen pitching either ... :rant::eek::rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts