Effective 12/15

What will you do when this becomes effective on 12/15?

• Upgrade to the CHOICE XTRA package.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Stay in the CHOICE package.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am in the FAMILY package.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Downgrade to the FAMILY package.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Cancel my D* service.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Other

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
"Effective 12/15, Discovery Kids Ch 294 will move from the CHOICE pkg to CHOICE XTRA pkg. To continue viewing Ch 294 upgrade to CHOICE XTRA today."

I found this interesting. I would if this has anything to do with it relaunching as a new channel (not yet named) co-owned Hasbro although it will not take place until late 2010.

let me guess who are the ones so far that chose cancel my d service:rolleyes::rolleyes:. anyway i already have choice extra and honestly i don't care for the channel. but that's my opinion :)

I said cancel cause this seems like a goofy poll as a happily married man without children. :p

same here :D maybe parents feel very different about this move

That's ONE channel out of like 10 kids channels ....

Personally, I have not voted, but I have the TC+ package so I have it already ... I guess, I've never watched it.

"Cancel my D* service" - over one channel.

LOL

That's about as funny as people saying they are going to cancel their DIRECTV service over the VERSUS channel thing.

"Effective 12/15, Discovery Kids Ch 294 will move from the CHOICE pkg to CHOICE XTRA pkg. To continue viewing Ch 294 upgrade to CHOICE XTRA today."

I found this interesting. I would if this has anything to do with it relaunching as a new channel (not yet named) co-owned Hasbro although it will not take place until late 2010.

"Tune in to Science Ch. 284. On Dec 15, customers with CHOICE pkg can view Science Channel on Ch 284. Experience the deep-dive on science, space and technology."

Well, this may have something to do with the change...

I'm not sure why anyone would ever subscribe to just the Choice package. Its a Rip off!
$56 per month, is more then what my cable company charges for basic plus.
Choice Extra is only a few bucks more for a lot more channels.

"Tune in to Science Ch. 284. On Dec 15, customers with CHOICE pkg can view Science Channel on Ch 284. Experience the deep-dive on science, space and technology."

Well, this may have something to do with the change...

So the Science channel is changing as well, any others that we don't know about ?

Curious, are they placing messages on the screens NOW and are the messages on all screens of just if you don't have the package already ?

I said cancel cause this seems like a goofy poll as a happily married man without children. :p

So you ruin the poll by participating when this does not really impact you. Instead of choosing cancel why not just ignore the poll and move on.

So the Science channel is changing as well, any others that we don't know about ?

Curious, are they placing messages on the screens NOW and are the messages on all screens of just if you don't have the package already ?
through D*tv mail.

I'm not sure why anyone would ever subscribe to just the Choice package. Its a Rip off!
$56 per month, is more then what my cable company charges for basic plus.
Choice Extra is only a few bucks more for a lot more channels.

54 channels to be exact. Probably about 15 of them being SirrusXM channels.

I dont know where you live but where I live Comcast charges almost 60 bucks for basic cable that is with out a converter box just what ever channels they still broadcast on analog cable. xtra 10 bux for a digital box but it nly gets you like an extra 10 or so channels unless you go more expense package, in there (digital tiers )

But I will also sya that trying to compare cable companies to other cable companies is like comparing apples to oranges. Some still have decent rates forbasic cable while others are out rageous.

Time warner in the next county did a deal where for the first year you could get local tv channels only for 10 bucks a month after that it went to 20.... 10 is a deal 20 is a rip off for just locals. Then there like well within the next 2 years were switching all digital so you need a box 10 dollar fee so now your up to 30 dollars a month for something that started out at 10 .

cable in my area is also way over priced and it's a piece of s***! rather have the choice package than comcrap. :rolleyes:

"Cancel my D* service" - over one channel.

LOL

That's about as funny as people saying they are going to cancel their DIRECTV service over the VERSUS channel thing.

I switched a lot of customers over to Dish Network because DirecTV dumped Versus.. So it's not as laughable as you think.

I switched a lot of customers over to Dish Network because DirecTV dumped Versus.. So it's not as laughable as you think.

I am sure you did, but it must be a very small percentage of Directv subscriber base.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)