Effective 12/15

What will you do when this becomes effective on 12/15?

• Upgrade to the CHOICE XTRA package.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Stay in the CHOICE package.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am in the FAMILY package.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Downgrade to the FAMILY package.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Cancel my D* service.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Other

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well my folks subscribe to DirecTV since the day after Obama became president. We have the Choice Extra package, and it doesn't affect us. We get Science Channel and Discovery Kids Channel in the package. I've got over it when ESPN Classic was removed from the Choice Packages in favor of ESPNU. I've watched some shows on those family and teen networks. I'm a fan of Degrassi: The Next Generation which comes on Teen Nick (formerly The-N) and I've seen SpongeBob Squarepants, ICarly, and other tween and teen oriented shows. Before we switched to DirecTV, we had Northland Cable (it was the only cable provider in our town) and they didn't had great channels like The-N (now Teen Nick), Noggin (now Nick Jr.), Disney Channel (they re-added it last year), TV Guide Network, MSNBC, ABC Family, E!, AMC, etc. After we had cable, we switched to Dish for almost five years until I've bought my first HDTV and my stepfather researched on HD packages, we found out they want us to pay $100 to upgrade to HD, so we switch to DirecTV.

With DirecTV, our locals are included (Dish wants us to pay extra to get the locals), also our locals are in HD (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, and PBS in my area). I wasn't even upset about the Versus contract dispute. I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.