Only getting transponders 12 and 20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Knowsnothing

Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Hoping someone can give me a push in the right direction. I live in Minnesota and moved my dish as trees dropped my signals below 60. Been fighting the last week so purchased a satellite finder. I found a signal and looked at Directv signal strength and only getting transponders 12 and 20. They are only at 48. I move the dish, 18" round, any direction and it's gone. Are those local channel beams at the same precise angle as 101w? Just wondering if I have been wasting my time on the wrong signal. Thanks for any advise.

I should add, I also replaced the lnb and I have the tv at the dish for testing. Mounting pole is plumb. Beginning to wonder if receiver is bad.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Knowsnothing!
Sounds like you are pointed at the wrong satellite. Try a few degrees to the east. BTW, the signals you receive with that setup are being shut off soon and you will need new equipment that is mpeg4 compatible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)