Effective 12/15

What will you do when this becomes effective on 12/15?

• Upgrade to the CHOICE XTRA package.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Stay in the CHOICE package.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am in the FAMILY package.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Downgrade to the FAMILY package.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Cancel my D* service.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Other

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
54 channels to be exact. Probably about 15 of them being SirrusXM channels.

So you see my point. No excuse for Choice Subscriber, to not subscribe to Choice extra. The Price Difference is so minimal. That $5 per month won't break anyones bank. If it does they they shouldn't subscribe to Choice to begin with IMO. They should be using OTA or Family pack :)

cable in my area is also way over priced and it's a piece of s***! rather have the choice package than comcrap. :rolleyes:
My local cable has quite a few of the Choice Extra channels, of course in SD for $56 per month. I 'm just saying the selection of channels is better with my Local cable company then D* choice package for the same price. Yes I would rather have satellite, But I would never bother to subscribe to D* with the just the Choice pack. Just like I would never subscribe to cable or E* with anything less the the top Base package. Premiums, DVR, then HD would be dropped in that order before I drop my base pack.:)

I will cancel my service. I am so tired of D* and their crap with swapping channels willy nilly and what not. This is the last straw, even though I already have choice extra. It is the principal of the thing.

Ill show em not to mess with me:rant::rant::rant:

I will cancel my service. I am so tired of D* and their crap with swapping channels willy nilly and what not. This is the last straw, even though I already have choice extra. It is the principal of the thing.

:D:Dlol

yeah me too. screw Directv and their sports. i want more kiddie channels even though I'm single and childless.

The FBI is now monitoring your activities on the Internet.

so meaning if i watch sponge bob and that the only channel i want to watch resulting me to get the fam package.. entitles me a potential child molester as well?

i used to watch dave the barbarian (which is not no more) was hilarious.

however i do have a gf and probably will be starting a fam as oppose to TomCat being single and.. childless

In the scheme of things this is a non issue.

We canceled DTV entirely while my son was in elementary school because he was getting lost in TV land. Now he is doing fine. He doesn't have a TV in his college digs but does download some shows to his laptop.

Let them do what they want. We are going to cut down in some way anyhow.

Joe

Last edited:
Here is the official notification they sent dealers:

NEW! CHANNEL PACKAGE MOVES—On 12/15, Discovery Kids will move out of
CHOICE™ and into the CHOICE XTRA™ package and The Science Channel will move out of
CHOICE XTRA™ and into the CHOICE™ package. Customers will be notified beginning the week of 11/15/09.

Status
Please reply by conversation.