7/15/2009 2:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 195 changes

noticed something with Lima
3 full powered stations (WLIO, WTLW, WBGU) all carried...NBC, Religious, PBS
1 low powered station (WOHL) also carried.....hybrid Fox/My Network
2 low powered stations (WLQP & WLMO) not carried....ABC & CBS in market

all 3 low powered stations owned by same people....very odd that one is uplinked and not the other 2. I know LP stations cant ask for must-carry but odd that all 3 arent carried sicne they are big networks

WLIO and WOHL are now WLIO 8.1 (NBC) and 8.2 (FOX). They are in the process of changing the old WLIO (35) analogue to (not sure call sign) 35.1 (CBS) and 35.2 (ABC). So once that is done maybe Dish will carry them. So right now they have no uplink for those two channels. All 4 stations are owned by Block Communications. According to WLIO's engineering site this should be completed sometime in August. That may be why Dish is waiting until August (from retailer chat) to turn these stations on.

FYI... I edited the uplink report above to have the new style spotbeam links I've been working on. Instead of linking to just the map, it links to TheList showing the beam map and the contents of the beam.

Let me know what you guys think. I should have this in production by next Wednesday's report if there are no issues with the above report.

FYI... I edited the uplink report above to have the new style spotbeam links I've been working on. Instead of linking to just the map, it links to TheList showing the beam map and the contents of the beam.

Let me know what you guys think. I should have this in production by next Wednesday's report if there are no issues with the above report.

Sweet. I think it looks great.

GREAT!
Very nice. Thanks a lot.

Looks Great!

Sweet.....looks very nice...spots maps plus the channels on it. Great.

Or there is always options for other HD locals ;)

I don't think there is. AAD is price prohibitive. I have also looked at the other spot beams in my area (Bozeman, MT) to see if there is a good place to "move" to, but the other spots that would be close do not carry locals in HD.

Did you have another thought?

I don't think there is. AAD is price prohibitive. I have also looked at the other spot beams in my area (Bozeman, MT) to see if there is a good place to "move" to, but the other spots that would be close do not carry locals in HD.

Did you have another thought?

Is there a TP on 129 I could try locking onto to evaluate other spotbeams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)