7/28/2010 3:26pm - Uplink Activity Report - 74 changes

What are PID changes Scott?

I will let one of the technical guys answer that. :)

The PID change I know about.... I'll put in layman's terms. Each video stream is assigned a unique PID on the transponder, commonly referred to as the mux. The PID is basically the video streams address. The channel table loads into you receiver based on the satellites you have in your setup. When you want to tune to USA-HD, the table tells it to turn to a certain satellite and transponder, then decodes the correct address of the video and audio out of the mux. They could change PIDs around all day and it wouldn't really make a difference to the end user like say the EPIX3 channel being added makes a difference to you.

I think DISH should play chicken as well and drop the Disney and Espn channels before they give in to the extortion attempts by Disney & Espn. I would expect a drop of anywhere from 5.00 - 10.00 on my bill if this happens. All of our programming packs are inflated anyway due to Espn being carried in the lowest pack -not counting family pack where Espn is already deleted.

I've never threatened to leave Dish for anything they have ever done. I've never complained once about price increases or the losing of other channels. But if I lose my ESPN-HD, that would probably seal the deal. Especially with College Football just around the corner.

I've never threatened to leave Dish for anything they have ever done. I've never complained once about price increases or the losing of other channels. But if I lose my ESPN-HD, that would probably seal the deal. Especially with College Football just around the corner.

I don't watch much football, but I do like to watch a bit of college ball and no ESPN-HD would cause me to kill my HD Absolute package in an instant.

Agreed! If we were to lose ESPN or ESPN 2 I would have to jump ship. I can't imagine it going that far but who knows. It is not like DISH is getting any cheaper with their hardline stances they seem to take!

I'm ok with them losing ESPN1,2,3,etc....and if we're not gonna see a price drop to compensate us, then load us up with some more HD. I'm not even sure how many channels are left to ad, but Fuse, FITtv(wife wants it), AMCHD, FEARNET, SPROUT, etc........would all be appreciated. The wife watches ABC family alot so if we lose that, Dish will have some splainin to do. ME, I'm still a fan.

I'm ok with them losing ESPN1,2,3,etc....and if we're not gonna see a price drop to compensate us, then load us up with some more HD. I'm not even sure how many channels are left to ad, but Fuse, FITtv(wife wants it), AMCHD, FEARNET, SPROUT, etc........would all be appreciated. The wife watches ABC family alot so if we lose that, Dish will have some splainin to do. ME, I'm still a fan.

Nice big letter huh! :)

..... no ESPN-HD would cause me to kill my HD Absolute package in an instant.
So that's Charlie's strategy :eek:

Haggle with Disney long enough to get a bunch of dishHD Absolute subs to finally switch to another package and get maybe get Disney to give in too. Sound's like a Win-Win.... for Charlie :)

Talon Dancer

I wouldn't worry about losing the main ESPN / DISNEY channels on DISH anytime soon. I have heard from a few people that those channels still have a few years left on their contract.

I think DISH should play chicken as well and drop the Disney and Espn channels before they give in to the extortion attempts by Disney & Espn. I would expect a drop of anywhere from 5.00 - 10.00 on my bill if this happens. All of our programming packs are inflated anyway due to Espn being carried in the lowest pack -not counting family pack where Espn is already deleted.
Good idea:up.

Dish should turn Disney/ESPN into premium channels. Drop the costs of almost all packages and let people who want Disney/ESPN add it back. After all Dish says in a recent press release that "We believe that our customers should be the ones who decide what they want to watch on TV and how they want to watch it." Time to put up, or shut up, Charlie :eek:

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)