7.5 dish for sale?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

haletow

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Fresno
I have a 7.5 satellite dish I like to get rid of. But not really sure if it's worth anything, or if I can get anything for it. I would like to sell it. If not, I guess its stuck in the backyard, unless I can turn it into a dish that sends out signals, and become a tv mogul with one tv station? Just dreaming. Seriously, any buyers. If so, make offer. Thanks. If not, give advice, and thanks anyway.

Expect of opposite - usually it going for free, because of dismantling time by your 'buyers'. Or just nominal price for scrap metal weight of it :).

I have a 7.5 satellite dish I like to get rid of. But not really sure if it's worth anything, or if I can get anything for it. I would like to sell it. If not, I guess its stuck in the backyard, unless I can turn it into a dish that sends out signals, and become a tv mogul with one tv station? Just dreaming. Seriously, any buyers. If so, make offer. Thanks. If not, give advice, and thanks anyway.

Can you post some pictures? Brand name of dish? Does it come with a receiver? If so, which one? Etc, the more info the better. What price range do you think it's worth? Most people that want these to play with, will take them away for free, but won't pay much if anything for them. There's too many people just giving them away, to free their yards up. Where are you located, city/state?

Get the name off it, and post three or four pictures, if you can.
Maybe we can get somebody in your area to come and take it down for you.
Often you would have to pay a junk guy to haul it off.
More, if they take it down.

Of course, if you help, and if it's some phenomenal, rare prize, and if it comes with some receiver that's actually worth hauling off (most aren't), I'm sure any decent person would buy you dinner.
Beyond that, good luck.

I'm heading off next week to get one, and expect to spend several hundred dollars on moving equipment, dinner for my help, gas, tools, disposable tie-downs, etc.
Then, I have to dig a hole at home, fill it with concrete, and erect the mounting pole.
Oh, and I forgot. Maybe another $100 to refurbish it...
So, as you can see, when we go out to collect one, we have to be pretty serious as it's already a big expense.
(almost talked myself out of it! ) - :D

There's a rare 12 foot Paraclipse within five miles of my house.
I have decided to ignore it, because it's mounted above the guy's roof, as opposed to in his back yard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts