7.5ft to 10ft Unimesh dish question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SERAPIO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Los Angeles
I currently have a 7.5FT Unimesh CBAND dish, and was wondering if the 10FT model uses the same exact sized pole mount ring. Reason is that I spotted a 10FT Unimesh sitting on a Flat Roof face down but the people renting the house said that they cannot find any other parts for it.

So will my current 7.5ft polar mount ring able to attach the 10FT one without any modifications as far as bolts/nuts are concern.

I've seen pictures online and both look identical in size/roundness. Any input guys? TIA

It's more than likely the 10 ft version of this dish will fit the 7.5ft polar mount. I know the Perfect Ten dishes from 7.5 - 12ft all use the same mount.

If not in this case, I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to extend a bit here and there with some angle-iron pieces from mount to dish.

Reactions: SERAPIO
Thanks !! Appreciate the prompt reply. Maybe someone with an actual Unimesh can confirm if its the same like the Perfect 10 dishes ;)

Another issue would be the LNB arm rods they are likely longer then my current 7.5FT, I would imagine

Thanks problem is that the 10FT dish itself is missing the rods as they only have the panels . So would the dish useless for now.

No. You can measure the dish, and calculate how far away the face of the feed should sit from the center. It's pretty easy actually, and EVERY person that installs a BUD should do this, even with the original hardware. Once you do that, you can figure out how long the feed arms need to be. Then you can make them with some EMT you buy from Home Depot. Or maybe it's possible to extend the ones that are a little too short.

Determining the focal length of a parabolic dish

Reactions: hank123 and SERAPIO
No. You can measure the dish, and calculate how far away the face of the feed should sit from the center. It's pretty easy actually, and EVERY person that installs a BUD should do this, even with the original hardware. Once you do that, you can figure out how long the feed arms need to be. Then you can make them with some EMT you buy from Home Depot. Or maybe it's possible to extend the ones that are a little too short.

Determining the focal length of a parabolic dish

thx will look into it. Still trying to see if the people that are renting the house can give me the dish been that it was there when they first moved in.

Reactions: hank123
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)