7 (SD) chs now free (HD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

c-spand

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2019
USA
So i called the number on screen and they said because my box is hr-22 that i could not get the (HD) and had to order new box? I said i order movies and they are in HD. She check and said i had to get a new box. What the heck. I really don't want a new box and this is capable of receiving the signal. -Thank you

So i called the number on screen and they said because my box is hr-22 that i could not get the (HD) and had to order new box? I said i order movies and they are in HD. She check and said i had to get a new box. What the heck. I really don't want a new box and this is capable of receiving the signal. -Thank you
If you have an HR22 you don't need a new box, it's an HD DVR. Assuming of course you have an HD dish (slimline)

Reactions: c-spand
Called again and they claim it does not have mpeg 4 which i know it does. They just want to get rid of my box. He said there is now way around it.

Called again and they claim it does not have mpeg 4 which i know it does. They just want to get rid of my box. He said there is now way around it.
They're flat out wrong ...

The HR22 is both MPEG-2/4 capable, and has been from its inception many years ago now.

Just out of curiosity though, what box are they offering you to upgrade to? Considering that even their last non-Genie STB, the HR24, is hard to find nowadays....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Is it an "HR22" you have or an "R22"? They offered the latter to people in MPEG4 markets, but I'm not sure if it was allowed to view HD channels on an SD only account even though it was capable of doing so.

If you have an R22 you probably do need to upgrade. Any reason you don't want them to upgrade you for free?

Is it an "HR22" you have or an "R22"? They offered the latter to people in MPEG4 markets, but I'm not sure if it was allowed to view HD channels on an SD only account even though it was capable of doing so.

If you have an R22 you probably do need to upgrade. Any reason you don't want them to upgrade you for free?
I remember DIRECTV allowed any local HD channels they carried to be received in HD on R22s with SD accounts in MPEG-4 local markets.

But that was all ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

The upgrade to new box is not really a free upgrade it is a 13$ charge extra a month for all the bells and whisles on new box.

So i guess i will try and ask about the free HD locals and see if that is a thing still. They tried to figure it out but the tech i called the 3rd time around didn't know that the deal on splash screen was available. I think it is just a scam now that at and t own it,