700 WLW Off XM Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
700wlw.com is reporting that XM will be removing WLW from its lineup today at 3pm.

No reason given for the removal of "The Big One" from XM's lineup.

Attachments

• wlw.jpg
    wlw.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 853
MAYBE for the same reason Wunderradio was asked to remove all CC streams from it's iPhone app. Because CC has their own iPhone application that you can get WLW among others. WLW is in my favorites on iHeartRadio.

Considering that the pic Scott put up came from WLW's own website, they would have you believe that this is a SiriusXM decision. That may or may not be true. But I think the writing has been on the wall for a while now that the CC channels were eventually going to go away. I'm just not sure when that contract ends or ended.

Rumor had it that Clear Channel's contract ends in 2009, but I don't know the details of it. I wonder if its possible to stream WLW on my blackberry?

ya know...that IS WLW!! I haven't listened to WLW like I used to because the Reds are already on XM through the MLB. But here in Indiana we get WLW OTA and that is WLW.

Never heard of this station but I can certainly relate to XM pulling one of my favorite stations. Maybe a few more people will get angry and let XM know they aren't happy with the removal of this (or any) station. There were many that didn't seem to care while some of us were crying about losing certain music stations in the early fall so to those that are hurt by this loss but blew off the concerns of us fellow subscribers this past year, I could almost consider this good news for the wake up call factor.

I'm sorry about the loss to those that cared about this station but where was your outrage when our music stations were stripped from us? Now maybe some more people will see how it feels when something you listen to every time you hop in the car is yanked out of your life. The merger stinked things up a a lot.

Not a good feeling when it is your station, is it folks?

I'm sure there were very few listeners from this station, but I can't support this company's arbitrary decision to pull stations or change formats without any user input. I'm sure keeping a commercial talk radio station on XM was not part of their future plans, but there are a lot of Cincinnati locals and MANY long haul truckers that subscribed to XM for this station.

I voiced my concerns with XM already, but I know it will do no good. The merger has really soured satellite radio in such a way that I never thought it would. More and more stations are turning into their FM counterparts. I live in a big city, and I do not need more FM style stations. I switched to Sirius and XM because of the variety, and now they are taking that away.

The idea of nationalizing the few remaining small c small c clear channel 50kW type AMs that still do their own material (rather than just the typical syndication) was, IMHO, a great idea. Far better than all of thes channels built around pop celebrities like Oprah (PLEASE get off the stage ma'am, your time in the spot light is over), Martha Stewart and so on.

I'm sure there were very few listeners from this station, but I can't support this company's arbitrary decision to pull stations or change formats without any user input. I'm sure keeping a commercial talk radio station on XM was not part of their future plans, but there are a lot of Cincinnati locals and MANY long haul truckers that subscribed to XM for this station.

I voiced my concerns with XM already, but I know it will do no good. The merger has really soured satellite radio in such a way that I never thought it would. More and more stations are turning into their FM counterparts. I live in a big city, and I do not need more FM style stations. I switched to Sirius and XM because of the variety, and now they are taking that away.
Well, this is what happens when a (former terrestrial radio) CEO (Mel Karmazin) has his way. Interesting though that the XM Traffic channels are still branded XM and not SiriusXM. But even the formats have changed on those. Just wish the readers would verify pronounciation of a street or city name so they don't sound like they're in a booth squirreled away in some remote outpost equipped with ISDN and are pretending to be in the city they are reporting about.

I just renewed my XM subscription this morning and had not seen this thread. I am a former Cincinnati resident who listens to WLW all the time.

I am going to try and call and get a refund. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts