70W Star One C4 in Texas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlrpes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Dallas
Has anyone been able to get the sat 70W in Texas? The service in 50W has a new sat in 70W and I am trying to get the new service location.

According to what's shown on satbeams, Ku looks fine but the C doesn't

70W

Assuming you're asking about Claro TV, the Claro channels on 70W are on the South American and Brazilian beams. The South American beam of C4 doesn't quite reach Texas. I can see a hint of of these signals here, on a spectrum analyzer with a 1.2 meter dish, but they are a long way from receivable. They are probably a bit stronger in Texas, but I'd guess they still won't be receivable. I get the Claro channels from 50W OK.

C4 does have a North American beam that covers Texas well, but I have never seen any type of signal on it.

Reactions: hank123
I will keep looking to see if I can find it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Hi friends, good night. I have also tried to point to the 70w but I can not be in florida and I have used the 11050 v 27902 transponder with a 3 foot antenna. Small insignificant signal. Although in the satbeans of a cover for antenna of 2 pes. If anyone has any ideas please look forward to some contact. Happy new year to all
Antonio Carlos

I would imagine as a minimum you need a 2.4 ku offset ... I never tried the C band ... but iam sure the analog will she some light in south Florida ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts