71% Signal Quality. Only 3 Channels - 97W Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

peg110

Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Plymouth PA
So I am extremely new to the FTA scene. I ordered an FTA HD Satellite System Manhattan RS-1933 Receiver LNB Dish Meter satpro tv (however I cannot recommend ordering from these clowns, but that's a whole other post.)

The system includes:

• HD FTA Satellite Receiver RS-1933, comes with remote, batteries and User's Manual
  • 76 CM Ku Band Offset Satellite Dish.
  • Universal LNB HD by Orbital Tracker (One Output)

The LNB is a "Universal Single KU LNBF" part No OTL U01 with the following specs:

• RF Frequency: 10.7-12.75 GHz
  • IF Frequency: 950-2150 MHz
  • LO Frequency:9750/10600 MHz
  • Noise Figure: 0.2dB

I have aimed the satellite dish according to dishpointer and "Tweaked" it using the Satellite Tracker that came with the system following the instructions.

In the Manhattan RS-1933 setup I set the antennae as a fixed antennae. The Antennae Setup screen shows that I am (apparently) pointed at 3 satellites (or at least in range of them). They are

• 125.0 K-AMC 21
  • 097.0 K-Galaxy19
  • 091.0 C-Galaxy17

I set it for the Galaxy 19 (because that is what I wanted.) The other settings on the screen are as follows:

• LNB Freq: 10750
  • Transponder: (21/26) 12820 H 19998
  • DiSEqC1.0: Disable
  • DiSEqC1.1: Disable
  • 22K: Off
  • Polarity: Auto

With this Transponder I have a good (and stable) Signal Intensity of 86%. (I have read however to not put faith in the "Intensity")
I also have good (and stable) Signal quality at 71%

When I do a "Single Satellite" auto scan (for FTA Only) I get 3 channels.

• Pentagon SD AC3
  • Pentagon SD
  • Pentagon HD

When FTA Only is set to "Off" I get a few others but they are scrambled.

According to www ftalist com / galaxy19 php (because I am new... I cannot post urls. I hope one can figure out that address)I have the potential for getting over 200 channels. (albeit some in languages I probably have never heard of before) but I am not even close.

Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Someone help a newbie to FTA (But not to technology... I am computer and electrically savvy)

Oh lastly... I updated the firmware to the latest in hope that it would improve things. It did not.

Ok, but why does my system show Good signal quality on the Galaxy 19 settings and poor on the 101W setting? Am I missing something?

Thanks for you help too.

Programmed #1 TP entries for each different satellite can be too close to each other; causes the meter to lock onto the wrong satellite. Change the three sats #1 tp entries to be different; or choose the dif ones when bringing the receivers meter onto the screen. Then aim for the meter locking for dif tp!

You must program and select an active transponder of the satellite you want to aim at. Might try two or three transponders to assure you're on the right satellite.
Use the list here Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Mar. 3 update

LNB Type should also be the same - Universal.

• LNB Freq: 10750 (receiver setting)
  • LO Frequency:9750/10600 MHz (LNBF spec)
LNB LO has to match your LNBF specs for the numbers to work.
Think that the 22khz switching is taken care of by selecting Universal. 9750-10600

Or you can use LNB Type: Standard, LO 10600. You must also turn 22Khz ON
The LNBF uses this to select 10600 or 9750 with it OFF.
Universal FYI:
9750 is used to receive 11000 to 11700 used on international satellites.
10600 is used to receive the domestic satellites that only use 11700 and up

What u have experienced is "intensity"; the dif tp's; and if universal; setup 10600/9750 makes 22 go full auto ;; remove scanned channels from orig. settings; set #1 tp to a freq only the sat you want has active the others close does not

Ok, but why does my system show Good signal quality on the Galaxy 19 settings and poor on the 101W setting? Am I missing something?

Thanks for you help too.
If your dish is still pointed to Pentagon with good quality, just turn it slightly South (2 mm, or slightly more than 1/16", on the circumference of the mast), and also lift it slightly (by 1.5 degree). This will direct the dish straight to 97 W, as presently it is on 101 W.

If your dish is still pointed to Pentagon with good quality, just turn it slightly South (2 mm, or slightly more than 1/16", on the circumference of the mast), and also lift it slightly (by 1.5 degree). This will direct the dish straight to 97 W, as presently it is on 101 W.

The wrong tp info on the satellite you select with causes this. Darn, I missed Once upon a time! Anyways, when the satellite tp is scanned using settings; slightly different scanned entry selector points say "quality" and both tp's are different satellites with quality occurs. And if you live in my area, the numbers are different.for each tp very little!

for Galaxy 19 97w look up transponder 12152 for Russia today channel strong transponder that should help you out to find that satellite.

Dan Rose

That cheap meter they gave you is good enough to find the satellite arc but only someone with lots of experience can tell the difference between 95w,97w and 101w on the meter display.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)