7100/7200 software no longer available from WebTV/MSN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I'm probably the only one around still running these receivers, but my 120GB Hitachi Deathstar drive in my upgraded Dishplayer died last week. I tried to put the original (8.6GB? Seagate) back in so I could at least watch TV on it, and it wanted to call WebTV/MSN for an update. Seemed to connect fine but kept giving me a "your terminal must be repaired or replaced before updating. Call your service provider" message, with a small popup also saying that "MSN may just be down for temporary mantainence". Tried all the different reset codes and still couldn't get past this screen.

Finally found the Dishplayer image file on Yahoo Groups and was able to load that into a 45GB drive that I had laying around (and thought was dead). The receiver booted up like a virgin, and after downloading the guiide seems to be working fine.

I guess I better keep that image file in a safe place. For as old as they are, the receivers work pretty well these days as a no fee SD DVR.

I have a dish player 7100 as well. Can you please tell me how to get the software. My hard drive died on me and I am unable to find the software. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts