72.5 and D10 Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
D* just added my locals at 72.5 I installed an 18in dish, connected it to the Zinwell 6x8 switch. And I can't get the dish pointer to come up. I have a new D10 that should work out of the box. I also have a DVR80 and an HD10-250 but I need to download the update before I can test with them. Any suggestions why I cant get a signal meter for 72.5?

Spin you need to find an un used tp on 101 like maybe # 4

HOOK YOUR COAX FROM YOUR 18 IN DISH WITH A BARREL DIRECTLY TO YOUR COAX FOR YOUR d 10 and peak your dish @72.5 location.

Hook it all back into your switch and do auto detect, then reboot to get the download and then go in and you should now see 72.5 in dish point.

Of course you have to call DTV to get the locals turned on.

I called and had them turned on. I thought that is why I couldn't point at 72.5.

I'll try the direct connect.

I'm still having problems. 4 was not unused on 101. But I connected the dish and tried 1 - 4 transponders while trying to find 72.5. I'm not sure what elevation to set the dish. I'm in springfield MO. 65804

I guessed and got it working around 46 degrees. The D10 works and looks great. The HD10-250 is downloading the update right now

I called D* and talked to an advanced tech eariler and they were worthless. You solved in 2 minutes what took them over an hour on the phone failing. They wanted to send out a tech to replace the dish and switch because the 72.5 signal meter wasn't showing up on the D10

May I add another question to this thread? I was told you would need a Bird dog sat finder to locate the 72.5 and that my Digisat or Sat Buddy would not work. Anyone know if this is true or what meter I may be able to use? Not too sure I want to pop $400.00 for a birddog.

wobbie your digisat should be fine.

there is nothing so special that you need a bird doggie or anything extreme.

find your 72.5 sat lock it down and do your auto detect, should have test channels once your receiver finds the switch configuration..

Thanks Voomer, seems Lincoln Nebraska is gearing up for locals and everyone tells me I need a birddog to get the 72.5 I figured I wouldn't. Thanks again.

My thanks as well Voomer. I didn't really want to sit on hold with DTV to have them walk me through everything that I've already tried. Your solution worked like a champ.

Thanks again!
Brian

wobbie. It isn't absolutly necessary to have a dog but it is going to save you a lot of time . Add one extra upgrade a day and see how long it takes to pay for itself.
Well worth the money IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)