72 satellite signal strength

Nimiq5 (72.7W) is definitely the weaker of the two. In Michigan, I have a 1 meter dish pointing at it. That said, in NC you should be seeing a better signal than 30-40. Should be up around 50, from my experience. You may need a dish tweak.

Thanks Ypsiguy!

No problem. I should add I usually see around 50 for most transponders on Nimiq5 on my "official" Dish HD system. That is the dual LNBF system that was installed by Dish for 61.5/72.7W.

I usually see signal from Nimiq5 in the high 50's and low to mid 60's on the dual dish system I personally installed.

Reactions: NYDutch
As a comparison, I'm currently in upstate NY using a portable tripod mounted dish that I didn't spend a lot of time dialing in. I'm seeing a 53 on 72 TP21.
I live in eastern NC so the 72 satellite is almost straight above me. Thanks for your input. Atweaking I will go!

No problem. I should add I usually see around 50 for most transponders on Nimiq5 on my "official" Dish HD system. That is the dual LNBF system that was installed by Dish for 61.5/72.7W.

I usually see signal from Nimiq5 in the high 50's and low to mid 60's on the dual dish system I personally installed.
Atweaking I will go!

Tweaking did not help. Adjusted azimuth, elevation, skew and checked for level. Everything like it is supposed to be. It is an old dish 1000, could the size be causing the weak 72 signal?
Can you take a picture of the backing structure?

The most recently info says that Echostar 23 will replace existing Nimiq 5 (72.7W). Echostar 23 will be @ 72.6W in one month or two maybe.
Does anybody knows more info regarding this change?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Make sure the LNBF is ok. The seal on mine for Echostar 16 started to leak and water was inside. I replaced it with a new one and I am now getting signal levels of 82 on transponder one, the hottest one on Echo16.

For someone incapable of tweeking my own dish, will DISH come out to tweek it for me?

Hello Tribbs. If you are having a signal issue that requires any of the outside equipment to be tweaked or replaced, we would definitely be able to have someone out there to take a look. If you would like to get this addressed immediately, I would recommend reaching out to our Chat Team here: Direct Chat - Caleb S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)