7200 New Blue-button Remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rustynuts

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
I've got 2 7200's and had to replace a remote recently. Well they sent me the crappy blue-button remote with no native PVR buttons (I really liked the one-button record!). Now I forgot how to operate the PVR functions with this remote as I try to use the old one when I can. Even Dish tech support couldn't find anything in their system on the new blue remote! Anyone know how to operate this thing!!!

Assuming it's the 'old' dishplayer remote you're going to need to use a 'magic' code to get the pvr keys working (when it sees the ir from a 'new' remote is automatically switches over).

According to this:
http://ben.reser.org/dishplayer/codes.html

You'll need to use code 6429.

First, I'd call E* and scream that you want the new remote. You could also try the dishnet store (from here) and ask if they have any.

They have Dishplayer 7200 remotes on eBay all the time. Get a real replacement and quit dicking around with "compatible" models.

BE WARNED!!! There are two models floating around ebay. One is the original 7200 remote, with the skip forward/backward, one touch record, etc. The other apparently is a new 7200 remote, with NONE of the PVR stuff on it. Its a little shorter. But other than the missing buttons, they look the same. I have no clue why there are two remotes. Stupid dish network. Make sure you look close at the pic or email the seller.

The DP 7100 origianlly did not have DVR. THe shorter remote is probably the original one without DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)