720p or 1080i?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hunted Duck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I have a 720p Samsung plasma. What string would you use coming out of my Hd24 DVR box. 720 or 1080i?

I personally use 720p on my Panny Plasma. I also have native off so if I switch to a SD channel the receiver doesnt flip over to 480i

string?

I prefer 1080i + original formatting on "MY" setup. So use your eyes to determine what's best for you

Personally, I set the DirecTV receiver to Native and all the resolutions are checked (as all are supported).

I would set it to native and check all the resolutions your TV accepts.

Native + original format all the way baby.......

I have mine on Native + Pillar Box Format because I have my TV set to "Just Scan" AKA "Dot By Dot" on other brands and with original format SD channels come up as stretch-o-vision and I'd have to change my TV from Just Scan to 4:3 to fix it then back to Just Scan when going back to a HD channel.

The only bad thing about using Native is it makes channel surfing slower.

The bad thing about native is, it takes longer to change channels (or get a picture) as the TV has to adjust to the resolution that is output.

I use native + 720p, 1080i

Samsung plasma is 1024x768, 42".
I'd rather the content come in as intended by the content provider since the TV is going to convert it to the PDP resolution. 1 conversion is better than 2 conversions and I can tell it especially looking at details like text and logos.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I use native + 720p, 1080i

Samsung plasma is 1024x768, 42".
I'd rather the content come in as intended by the content provider since the TV is going to convert it to the PDP resolution. 1 conversion is better than 2 conversions and I can tell it especially looking at details like text and logos.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Um, 1024x768 is a 4:3 square type screen.

Most 720P TV's are 1366x768, some are 1280x720 the true size of 720P video.

Early generation 42" Plasmas used 1024x768 with rectangular pixels. The 50" and up were 1366x768. Then panel technology got better and they were finally able to do full HD PDP's at 1920x1080, even at 42" sizes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts