721 Dish Home Question???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronster

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Does anyone else have a problem with the Customer Service part of this?? Mine says its calling then gives me the message that it is unable to connect.
I thought Scott said this application worked from the pull down menu???

It doesn't work on mine either. It just says coming soon. Games and learning are also not working. Coming soon. Showtime app doesn't work either , says coming soon. Fantasy racing doesn't work, coming soon. Pay per views don't work either, coming soon. Yes I have it plugged into a phone line. So I guess some apps will work now and some will come later in another software update. The funny thing is that the games and customer service would be the apps that would make Dish the most in money. You would think they would enable those first.

I have mine on a phone line, and the same thing was happening.

I haven't tried it today, will later.

(too much recording going on at the moment).

LER

I'm seeing the exact same behaviour. After it got the "unable to connect" error message I picked the phone up and heard modems conversing. It IS dialing and connecting to something, but not accomplishing much.

I'm also wondering what my "4-digit password" is 'cause I've never created one, and besides the space for it is 5 digits!

Finally, regarding the implementation of the "red" button on the remote, this should be the default PIP behaviour, minus the little icon on the screen. Why did they not just replace the old non-buffered PIP with the new PIP? That button doesn't even exist on the "1" IR remote I'm using in the family room since I moved the UHF remote to the bedroom.

So when will all the applications in Dish Home for the 721 work???
Anyone have any idea???

I don't have a 721 but I want one. But my 522 is doing the same thing. Supposedly its a software bug they are aware of and will be resolved in a future software release. I guess you will just have to wait. I have nothing to do with DISH I'm just a customer passing on some info pursuant to a 522. With the 721 and the 522 being dual reciever PVRs their software is probably similar. Thanks, Gary

garymarcella said:
I don't have a 721 but I want one. But my 522 is doing the same thing. Supposedly its a software bug they are aware of and will be resolved in a future software release. I guess you will just have to wait. I have nothing to do with DISH I'm just a customer passing on some info pursuant to a 522. With the 721 and the 522 being dual reciever PVRs their software is probably similar. Thanks, Gary
I don't think its a bug as much as its just Dish slowly rolling out the Dish Home options as they get time. They did the same exact thing with the 50_ receivers enabling certain new featuresets right off the bat, while sometimes adding new ones that weren't initially ready after new software revs. These things are usually rolled out in stages. I remember it took a long, long time for them to get everything operational back when it was totally new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)