721 Freezes occasionally on local CBS station only???!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

treiher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
OK, here's a weird one . . . I have noticed over the last few weeks that my 721 will all of the sudden just freeze, as if I have hit pause on the remote, but of course no pause icon on the screen. I can back up a little with the PVR, play it back, and it will freeze again at the same point. The only way to get it working again is to change channels. And then it will do it again. Also, it only seems to happen on our local CBS station here in Austin. Does this make any sense to anyone?

P.S. System reset seems to offer no help.

It's doing it again! Watching the Patriots and Tennessee, and it just randomly freezes. Once again, local CBS station. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I think that freezing problem was a CBS problem, as I was at a resturant watching the game and they were receiving the game via cable tv, and it had occational freezing.

I have not had a chance to contact Dish Support about this. I didn't want to do it during the football game and start troubleshooting then! But if it keeps happening, I will. Definately, it has something to do with CBS, since that is the only channel this happens on. I can get it to come back by simply changing channels and switching back. It takes an unusually long time for the picture to come up (10 or 15 seconds), but when it does, it is working again. Then, anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour, it freezes again. That is ineresting that it was happening somewhere else too. That is partly why I posted here, I wanted to know if anyone else had seen this at all. I think something strange must be coming over the CBS feed which causes the 721 to lock up. Maybe its a combination of the CBS and the 721 together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts