721 Install Woes, please help...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwstaton

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
After searching and reading and searching some more - I'll pose my question a I need help.

I bought a 721 and changed to a DPP Twin feed, I'm running two other receivers on the same set up, the 721 is the third, by the way the other receivers are working fine. I'm using the seperator and just cant get passed the check switch, also the receiver itself is doing some strange things like getting caught in reboot loop as well as freezing.

I updated the sw right out of the box and now it often sticks on "Acquiring Data From Satellite" for a while and the I can access the menu. I have a good signal when going into Dish Pointing Screen. I do a check switch and it goes thru 1 of 28 on tuners 1 and 2. Tuner 1 always finishes up way before tuner 2. I might get nothing on the check switch results or it might just detect the 119 on tuner 1.

It's just acting wacky.

HELP!

John

The 721 does NOT currently support the DP+Twin. You will have to change to DP+44 to get it to work with a DP+ Seperator, Or add in a DP34 and run 2 lines to the 721. I have tested this extensively under s/w L175, and it is a known issue.

Either a DP+44(about $160 new), or, depending on how many receivers you have. You could get a DP or 500 Quad, or a DP34 as well and run a second line to the 721. The 721 REQUIRES both tuner be hooked up.

Thanks again for the info. I have a 500 quad that I'll hook up this afternoon for a 2nd line.

I also just noticed that the 721 has an old blue card in it - will Dish let me activate it temporarily while they send me a new card?

John

Unh. I'm curious - how were you hooking up the 721 to a DPP-Twin when you ALREADY had two receivers using the TWO output ports of the DPP-Twin?

Or did you mean you had ONE dual-tuner receiver using a DPP Separator?

It has been, what, five months plus since the last software upgrade? It is way past time for E* to fix this switch matrix problem with the DPP Twin for the Model 721. Come on E* Get-R-Done!

Yes, they will still activate the blue cards. However, they are limited to AT120, and that will be changing to AT 60 soon. They will automatically send out a yellow card and you will get it in about 2 weeks. Just hooked up a 4000 w/ the blue card a few weeks ago for a friend, and that is how it happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)