Finally Voom on west coast on 129

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Picture Quality Question-Voom on 129

I currently subscribe to VOOM. I'm getting it off of 61.5. Is Voom also available on 129 as well? And if so, how is the pic quality from that 129 satellite?

This is great news! I'm wondering if my 811 receiver will do better with a combo of 110, 119, 129, and 148? Rather than 110, 119, 148, and 61.5?

I just finshed my switch over to 129 from 61.5 pic quility is great just 1 thing am missing eqator and animania but all others work i got 97 for signal are those 2 uplaoded yet

JIGGIEFLY said:
I just finshed my switch over to 129 from 61.5 pic quility is great just 1 thing am missing eqator and animania but all others work i got 97 for signal are those 2 uplaoded yet

Same here missing equator and animania.

I just got done fine tuning my dish500 for 129 this morning got 103 signal now and all locked down.

also notest that i still have no eqautor & animania and it seems to be missing some tp's here is a list of tp's i have.

lowest signal is 87 & highest is 103

seems to me that the tp's that are missing is the cause of not having eqautor & animania but maybe someone can jump in here with there findings.

i see that it is not just me having this problem but all & all great picture & seems more stable then 61.5 for me.

I can Confirm that equator and anamania is missing.. its doing it on mine too.. (still in the channel uplink table though) Maybe dish is tweaking with the channels mometarly for a couple of days or something.

I moved and still can't get 61.5 but i did point my $10 ebay special dish over to 129 and got a good signal and called and now have 10 voom channels on and they look great...

same resolutions same channels....

Don't even need to look, the channels are grouped exaclty the same so that tells me they are exactly set as 61.5

What I don't know is wether voom is somehow also uplinking them to 129, or dish is somehow doing it. Since they are sharing transponders exactly the same I have a feeling Voom is beaming the same thing to both satellites

BFG said:
same resolutions same channels....

Don't even need to look, the channels are grouped exaclty the same so that tells me they are exactly set as 61.5

What I don't know is wether voom is somehow also uplinking them to 129, or dish is somehow doing it. Since they are sharing transponders exactly the same I have a feeling Voom is beaming the same thing to both satellites

Voom or Rainbow can not be legally beaming their programming directly to E-5 at 129 W since they do not have authorization from the FCC to do that. So the Voom programming has to go through one of Dish's uplink centers.

JIGGIEFLY said:
I just got done fine tuning my dish500 for 129 this morning got 103 signal now and all locked down.

also notest that i still have no eqautor & animania and it seems to be missing some tp's here is a list of tp's i have.

lowest signal is 87 & highest is 103

seems to me that the tp's that are missing is the cause of not having eqautor & animania but maybe someone can jump in here with there findings.

i see that it is not just me having this problem but all & all great picture & seems more stable then 61.5 for me.

All 10 voom channals are on now on 129 and look great using a dish 500 and got solid 103 for signal. :D

all tp's are the same as stated above

129 made my life easy as 61.5's LOS was in between 2 trees and when wind blow i lost it 40% of the time.

WTG GollieBob for the uplink info

rocatman said:
Voom or Rainbow can not be legally beaming their programming directly to E-5 at 129 W since they do not have authorization from the FCC to do that. So the Voom programming has to go through one of Dish's uplink centers.

Why can't they? Dish can broadcast whatever it wants. Rainbow can be sending the Voom content to a Echostar uplink facility via fiber for uplink to 129. There are many ways of doing it since Echostar has temporary authority for its mexican slot.

It is a Canadian slot.
Whatever uplink is sending the signals up there must be licensed to communicte with EchoStar 5 at 129w. It is likely the VOOM Channels are on AMC 6 Ku, but EchoStar could be receiving them from Rainbow 1.

JohnH said:
It is a Canadian slot.
Whatever uplink is sending the signals up there must be licensed to communicte with EchoStar 5 at 129w. It is likely the VOOM Channels are on AMC 6 Ku, but EchoStar could be receiving them from Rainbow 1.

How Likely is that wouldnt they need a superdish to pick up voom channels then sence amc 6 is FSS?????????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts